Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: trout2
About
User Name: trout2
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 30
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Simple Shadows
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2014 8:36:27 PM

Hi Bruce, I asked about creating a search for " Pipe Bottom " patterns @ have not found it anywhere.    I will try and be clear... On weekly charts a stock has a down trend for at least 3 weeks.   Then it has another down week and the trading range is larger than the previous week.  Then, the next weeks trading range is very close to the previous week. Thank You   Arnie

Topic: price changes in scan conditions
Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2014 12:03:54 PM

Hi Bruce,  I am looking for " Pipe Bottoms "   I need it to be on a weekly basis.   After 3 or more weeks of a stock trending down    it  closes down once more @ the decline  should be unusually large/a much lower low. Then the nextweekstrading range should be very close to the previous week.  I hope this is clear  I know sometimes I have not been.  Thank You   Arnie

Topic: help with a scan criteria
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 12:28:15 PM

Hi Bruce,   I tried to send this yesterday but I may have done it incorrectly. Here goes:     After 5 or more down days     the next days open     opens below yesterdays close      and closes below yesterdays close   ( it never reaches the previous days close )  Thank You  

Topic: Screening for BATS traded us stocks
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 8:44:42 PM

Hi Bruce,    After 5 or more down days     the next days open      opens below yesterdays close     and closes below yesterdays close.  Thank You

Topic: Bollinger Bands
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 1:03:56 PM

Hello Bruce,    What PCF would show a stock that has a 20 day exponential av. and it crosses above its 50 day EMA  ( after the20 day wasbelow the 50 day for at least 20 previous trading days ) ?.   Thank You.

Topic: Matching Low
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 1:57:19 PM

Hi Bruce, Thanks for the response  I  will try @ be clearer. That is my short fall. The close is below the open @ this occurs for at least 4 days in a row. The day5 opens below the open of day 4 and day 5's close is the same as day 4' s close.   Thank You

Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 1:12:42 PM

Hi Bruce,    On Thur.afternoon I asked for help regarding a matching low formula. and can not find a reply. I know you are busy @ apologize if I am being impatient. Also, you may have answered  @ I do have difficulties navagating this system. It is good but so much to learn. Thank You.

Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:13:35 PM

Hi Bruce,  I may not have been quite clear.    We have 4 down days   day 5 is a long black candle and day 6 closes at day 5   close Thanks.

Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:10:39 PM

Hi Bruce,    I would like the following formula.     After a down trend of at least 4 days  the next day a long black candle appears. The next days open is below the open of the previous day and closes at the previous days cloe.  ( there is an equivalant close both days )  Thank You.

Topic: Doji in oversold area @ Gap up through 8 day EMA
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 9:19:01 PM

Hi Bruce,      How would this be written ?     A gap up after a doji in an oversold condition and selling for under $12.       Also,  A doji is followed by a gap up through the 8 day EMA.  Thank You