Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: pop33
About
User Name: pop33
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 33
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: 90 Day Annualized Exponential Linear Regression Slope and R2
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 4:46:56 PM

Thanks

Topic: 90 Day Annualized Exponential Linear Regression Slope and R2
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 2:59:15 PM

Hi Bruce

I have not dealt with exponential regression since the 1970's.  Could you tell me how to plot the actual exponential regression line similar to what you get when you use the built in Lin Reg 90 indicator?

Thanks

Topic: Ver 18 Beta, plot indicators in projection space
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:37:20 PM

Thanks Bruce. 

I never would have come up with the forcing the lenth of data idea.  I can see several ways to make these ideas work. 

You saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Posted: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 9:22:06 PM

Thanks for the response.

On a different subject; do you have a cunning way to mask the path of an indicator up to a certain point?  For example, using a trivial case, if I plot "c" with a 1 period average which I offset forward by 10 bars, I will get a continuous plot.  What I would like to do is just show a single data point at the current bar which is C10 (without all the clutter on the rest of the chart).  I know I can plot the line as dots, but is there a way to only show the last dot?

Thanks for your help.

Posted: Monday, December 25, 2017 12:52:29 AM

I'm using version 18 beta and, for the first time in a long time, I am trying to utilize the projection space via an AVGC1 offset procedure.  The average offsets but it blanks at the current bar and does not plot into the projection space.  

I have looked at an Ichimoku plot in this version and it plots into the space.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Topic: Pasting text issue
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2016 4:12:52 PM

This issue may have already been raised but I do not see it in scanning the last 3 pages of discussion.

I have just recently moved to version 16 and have just spent a long time trying to debug a complicated pcf only to discover that there is nothing wrong with it.  The issue arose because I took and existing pcf from the forum, pasted in into TC2000.  Then to edit some changes I copied and pasted it into WordPad, made the edits and copied the result back into an new Custom PCF indicator which resulted in a syntax error.  After much ado, it turns out that if I take the original pcf, copy it into WordPad and make no changes, and copy it back into a new custom pcf indicator, I will get the sytax error.  Same thing happens if I use Word.

I have found a fix by copying the text editor output to the clipboard, doing a paste-special into a cell in Excel, then copying that back into a custom pcf in TC2000.

Seems to me that the new version of TC2000 has lost the capability to handle simple text transfers from common text editors.  It would be nice if that could be fixed. 

Topic: Hull Moving Average
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2012 4:49:15 PM
Thank you for the quick response.  Sorry it was so much work.
Topic: Hull Moving Average
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2012 2:24:26 PM
I see by studying past posts that Bruce has developed many PCFs for Hull Moving averages for a number of periods.  Could you please provide me with the formula for 156 and 208 periods as well as the Boolean formula for those periods that distiguish between upward and downward sloping sections.

Thanks for your help.
Topic: Need help with the Kicking Formula please
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 6:12:08 PM
Thanks for all your help.
Topic: Need help with the Kicking Formula please
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 4:43:52 PM
Bruce

I checked about 100 stocks, still no hits.