Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: snowplowguy
About
User Name: snowplowguy
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: How does printing Money strengthen The Dollar
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 6:59:54 PM
Although jobs are still being lost (which is bad) the velocity in which people are being laid off is slowing down (not as bad as expected). 

As we lower our expectations and standards of what we consider to be positive news "Less Bad" becomes our new "Good" ....... and with these reduced expectations we can take a figure of 11,000 job losses for the month of November to mean that  "things are improving"   lol
Topic: GLD
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 10:20:51 AM
QUOTE (rysa)
What are the PROs and CONs of going after the leveraged Gold ETF's / ETN's.

Well.... you are going to get approximately twice the move with leveraged ETF's so if you get the direction right you are in for a bigger bang for your buck.  The opposite is true if you bet wrong.

On the dark side of the double bull ETF..... you are still holding 'paper gold' as opposed to the real thing.... which is really only someone else's promise to deliver.  Also, if you are holding this long term you will definitely get a noticeable erosion in these funds as contracts get rolled forward.

I really like the gold market, but oddly enough many of the prominent gold bulls that were excited about gold suddenly turned bearish after it hit 1,050....... strange.  Maybe world governments have stopped printing money or something.
Topic: The US Dollar: One gigantic H&S formation?
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 6:51:33 AM

QUOTE (funnymony)
and busy trying to get the rest of the world to do the same.

can't go wrong there.

Hilary was assigned to that task.  I can just imagine how her conversation with the Chinese government went while she was on that bond beggint trip.

"Look, we are all in this economic crisis together.  What you need to do for us is take savings away from your citizens and loan that savings to us so that we can give it to our citizens.  Our citizens can then use that savings that you loaned to us to buy products made in your country.... which keeps your people employed.  That way, although we end up with all the goods your country produces you guys end up with jobs...... and it is the jobs that are most important, right?"

Topic: FNM on the move again
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:43:03 PM
With the Federal Reserve committing this afternoon to buy up another 1.15 Trillion in mostly mortgage and agency debt it must be like Christmas in March over at Freddie and Fannie. 

Throw in another 300 billion to buy up some treasuries and it adds a whole new meaning to the phrase "hot off the presses".  Why didn't they think about this quantitative easing stuff sooner...... it is brilliant.

That outta teach gold a lesson......

Topic: FNM on the move again
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:31:24 PM
Topic: THE OBAMA TRAUMA!!!
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 8:38:55 PM
QUOTE (realitycheck)

Yes ....

Long Gold ...

Short Treasuires ...

Move to a tax haven ... 

Feel sorry for those who stay ...

You tease....
Topic: THE OBAMA TRAUMA!!!
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:38:36 AM
QUOTE (johnlc)
The way i feel , there is nothing worse than someone who steals or lies, no matter what.   He never did a thing to me, per say,  but i would not have any problem of putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger.

The grand masters of the biggest Ponzi Scheme in the planet's history won't even stand to face charges, let alone do time.
Topic: Market Analysis III
Posted: Friday, January 2, 2009 5:18:11 PM
QUOTE (BigBlock)
Furthermore, where did the wealth lost in 2008 by US investment banks,  hedge funds, pension funds, individual traders etc,  go?

Money doesn't evaporate.

Perhaps some of this wealth was ficticious in the first place.  

If your home was valued at $400k a year ago but is now only worth $300k where did this $100k of wealth go? Did it evaporate?

Ignoring the effects of inflation if you paid $200k when you originally purchased the home, have you lost $100k or made $100k?

I think a big part of what they call wealth destruction is basically asset deflation.