Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: TheTechnician
About
User Name: TheTechnician
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 55
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Custom Indicator
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:32:48 PM
Can we create a indicator which determines how many times a stock has crossed a strike price in a given day?  A percent true indicator, perhaps?
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:22:27 AM
Bruce, I saw that there is a column for bid and ask prices.  Is there a way to scan for stocks which are experiencing widening of the bid-ask spread with respect to the norm?

Thanks
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:09:44 PM
OK, thanks Bruce.  Sorry, I didn't see the correction in the original response.
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:35:25 PM
what is the difference between the absolute value and the other one?  And why is it 135 period instead of 195?  Thanks
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:34:40 PM
what is the difference between the absolute value and the other one?  And why is it 135 period instead of 195?  Thanks
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:47:02 PM
Let's start with all of the two-minute bars in one trading day for one stock.  I wanted to do that for 135 stocks to see which are well-behaved which fit the normal distribution and which do not.
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:04:16 PM
Is there anyway to sum up the price spikes on that indicator you wrote for me.  I want to sum up less than or equal to 1 STDEVs, less than or equal to 2 STDEVs, and the less than or equal to 3 STDEVs to determine which stocks fit the normal distribution?

Thanks.
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 4:56:15 PM
Do you have any ideas on searching for stocks which are exhibiting pinning behavior?
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 1:31:45 AM

Bruce, is there a pre-built scan on TC2000 that scans for stocks which have moved up intraday and then consolidated sideways in a tight range?  Maybe something like a flag pattern? 

Topic: At-the-Money Stocks
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 3:54:40 PM
does that work for all optionable stocks 5 dollar strikes 1 dollars strikes 10 dollar strikes??