Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: fpaton
About
User Name: fpaton
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Can you tell me how to create a condition when the bollinger bands squeeze together?
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 7:57:41 PM

Bruce,

"The best way to do this is to add Bollinger Bandwidth to the Charts and click on the BB to select Create Scan Condition | Less Than: .06"

Does this mean the price is less than .06 away from either side of the center line and this condition covers 20 periods as set in the Bandwidth statement?  Thanks....

Topic: Bollinger Band Squeeze
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 3:37:00 PM

Sorry Bruce the stock is RGP not RFP...thanks...

Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 3:36:00 PM

Bruce I forgot to send a stock example...try RFP that broke out today but was in a very very tight squeeze for awhile...Thanks

Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 3:22:13 PM

Hi Bruce,  I tried your formula for the bollinger band tight squeeze but it did not produce my desired results. There were several stocks that should've been in the list but they were not.  The only stocks that appeared in the list I would not consider a tight squeeze. I looked at the formula but was unable to determine the relationship between the variables.  Can you give me a quick summary of the condition elements...Thanks....   

Topic: Bollinger Band Tight Squeeze
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:06:44 PM

Using momentum indicators like RSI, momentum, and rate of price change to help identify early moving up stocks.  What I'm missing is a way to see a Tight Squeeze on the Bollinger Band or good consolidation prior to the moving up smart taking place.  Is there a condition or formula that will allow me to identify the Bollinger Band Squeeze? Thanks...