Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: wfletcher
About
User Name: wfletcher
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Averaging RS
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 8:52:33 PM
I just looked at Craig's video on the TRIX that he did in answer to a question of mine - I solved by own problem. I just used Edit, and added averages below the RS line.
Topic: Averaging RS
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 8:33:30 PM
I'm going through the sectors scanning the RS vs S&P to find leading sectors. This works great. Price Headley (Big Trends in Trading) recommends putting an MA on the RS (5, 10, 20, 50 bar) and looking for crossovers. Can this be done?

Bill
Topic: TRIX
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 11:29:04 AM
I looked in a couple of sources on TRIX. An article in TASC Jan 2004 says
Calculate EMA1 as the n-period Exponential MA
Calculate EMA2 as the n-period EMA of EMA1
Calculate EMA3 as the n-period EMA of EMA3
TRIX = (EMA3[today]-EMA3[yesterday])/EMA3[yesterday]

Then you need a signal line, which is the m-period EMA of the TRIX.

Robert Colby's Encyclopedia of indicators has a different take. I can send it to you if you don't have this.

Articles in TASC in Jan and Nov of this year by Jongseon Kim look interesting. He has buy and sell rules for daily, weekly amd monthly charts using TRIX.

By the way, is the language used to define the indicators published anywhere? I spent years programming - not lately - but my company does high tech software development. So if I have a definition of the language I might help add some bandwidth to this dialogue.

Topic: TRIX
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 11:00:03 PM

Please see the Triple Exponential Moving Average (TRIX) topic for improved syntax in TC2000 v17+.

I'd like to create a TRIX indicator. I read the posting on the XAVG, so that is useful. But I still need the complete syntax for the XAVG. The TRIX requires the EMA of the EMA of the EMA for today and yesterday so I need to know the syntax for a 5 bar EMA for yesterday. Is there a complete list of formulae somewhere? Also, can I use them recursively, so I can create a signal line as the EMA of the TRIX? Or maybe you already have a TRIX in your bag of tricks!

Thanks

Bill