Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jkontoulas
About
User Name: jkontoulas
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Screening for stocks based on certain criteria.
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:50:25 AM
I am just beginning to use Blocks & would like to know how to set up either a chart or scan using criteria that I found in TC2007 Worden Report dated March 7, 2008. These criteria are as follows:

1. Use a 9 day time frame. Select those stocks which meet the following simple criteria: C<C1 and C1<C2 and C2>C3. That's it for the selection of the stocks to possibly buy.
2. Which stocks to buy? From the list, buy those stocks which meet this simple criteria. The stock, sometime in the next 9 day period, declines 2% from the close of the previous nine day period.
3. If the stock meets the two criteria (C<C1 and C1<C2 and C2>C3 and in the subsequent 9 day period is down 2%) and you buy it, sell at the first open after the 9 day period ends IF the stock OPENS above your purchase price. If the stock doesn't open above your purchase price, wait until that nine day period is over and sell at the open after this 9 day period ends.
4. Sort the percent true, flag all those at 100% (i.e. those meeting the criteria) and transfer the stocks to a new watch list.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

JK
Topic: ATR for PCF
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:16:22 PM
I need a fomula that will help me filter stocks ATR for a 30 day period.  Something like this;  ATR 30 >= 5.

Thanks!

Johnny