Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Gaute
About
User Name: Gaute
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 155
[0.05% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: stock screening
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 6:48:30 PM
If you will be setting up beta testing for this process I would be interested.  I'm an active option trader and presently use power options to paper trade and scan for suitable candidates.  I also use stockfinder, telecharts, and other charting software.  If you are intersted please post on the Stockfinder.4 forum General  Discusstion
Topic: sort by buy signals
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 4:11:58 PM
Thanks, I give it a try.
Topic: sort by buy signals
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 12:15:56 PM
I have a backtesting rules set up and I would like to show all charts that has a buy signal on the day of market close.

Thanks for all replies.
Topic: The buzz
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:34:06 PM

So I need to have both running to follow my stock action.  Thanks for your quick response.

Topic: The buzz
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:55:11 PM
How do I add "the buzz" to my watchlist.

Thanks
Topic: Backtesting rules
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 12:42:27 PM
Thanks, I'll check my settings and get better input for you.
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 12:28:53 PM
That's what I was doing and the "buy signal" seem to be right  on but it didn't sell when the priced closed below the 8 day.  I have it set on 2 bars true and sell next open.
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 12:20:22 PM

I need two rules for backtesting.  One to buy when the price closes above a moving average and one to sell when the price closes below a moving average.  The MA is 8 day.

Question.  Are the standard rules based on price based on the close.  IE:  Price crossing the 8 day.  Does that mean the closing price is crossing the 8 day?

Thanks for all responses.

Topic: Vol Buzz
Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:03:39 AM
I click on the eidt column to add vol buzz but it's not in the list.  How do I add it to my watchlist.

Thanks in advance
Topic: Happy holidays to all trainers and members
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:59:07 AM
Thanks for the great support through the year and wish you all a safe holiday and am looking forward to more great things in stockfinder in 09'.