Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: teamaust
About
User Name: teamaust
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 39
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: A question about T2s
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:16:50 PM

Ah, very helpful Bruce - thanks.

The answer "stocks counted for T2112 are also counted in T2110" is the one I was most keen on. Thank you very much!

Regarding the standard deviation vs envelope channels question, I believe the T2s work on standard deviations. I quote from the worden helpfiles:

"T2109 through T2116 indicate the percentage of stocks trading 1 or 2 channels above or below their moving averages. The channels are envelope channels. One channel is equal to one standard deviation from the moving average and two channels equals 2 standard deviations from the moving average."

I'm happy to assume that the period the standard deviation is taken over is the same as the PMA. Please let me know if development or data say anything different.

Thanks again

Jess

Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 6:10:20 PM

Stumped eh?

Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:07:36 PM

Hi, I'm sure this is a simple one.

Regarding T2s, specifically T2109 - T2116, do the values returned represent the % of NYSE stocks trading:

• Beyond that channel line (ie T2110 shows % NYSE stocks 1 or more standard deviations above the 40 day PMA), or
  • Within that channel line (ie T2110 shows % NYSE stocks trading above the 40 day PMA but by less that 1 standard deviation)

If it's the first one then the stocks that turn up in T2112 would also be counted in T2110. Is that right?

Also what period is the standard deviation taken over (is it the same as the PMA, ie 40 or 200) ?

Jess

Topic: A question about how indexes are calculated
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:00:00 PM

I understand how indexes are calculated (been trading for several years) but I recently found myself asking a question that I can't find an answer to.

Are the highs and lows of an index (as opposed to the opens and closes) calculated off the highs and lows of its components? If so, it should be noted that the highs and lows of the components might have occurred at very different times of the day.

Alternatively the highs and lows of the index might be time based, i.e. the highest high for an index  might have been at X o'clock corresponding to some specific combination of real time component prices (weighted or otherwise). I suspect this is the answer - it would be a slightly easier calculation in constructing indexes in real time during live trading.

It might sound semantic but if you think about it the answer will have implications for spotting market turning points using indices.

Any ideas?

Topic: PCF question
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 10:13:20 AM
Awesome !!!
Thanks very much.
Topic: PCF question
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 9:25:06 AM

Hi,

How could I write a PCF that would return a 0 when price and volume are down on yesterday, -1  if price is up on reducing volume or down on increasing volume, and 1 if price is up on increeasing volume?

Cheers!

Topic: S&P500 Volume
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:30:21 AM
Hi Bruce,

Are the volumes in the morningstar series, the sums of the volumes of their components?

Jess
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:56:18 PM
Thanks Bruce. Just to test my understanding, does that mean that on the 5th October, there were 173849800 shares traded in the 30 stocks that make up the DJ-30, and 1118600 in the whole of the NYSE?

(That doesn't seem right to me)
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 3:21:32 PM
Hi - just  quick one. I was hoping you could tell me how the S&P500 volume is calculated? It doesn't appear to be the sum of the volumes of it's components.

Regards
Jesse
Topic: Daily Reports
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 6:02:54 AM
Hello, I don't seem to have had one of Don's daily reports since the 10th Aug. Are they still coming? Is there a setting i've accidentally changed?

Jesse