Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: PTleader
About
User Name: PTleader
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: stocks with significant losses
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:40:52 AM

Thank you

Topic: stocks with significant losses
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 10:57:28 AM

Hello

I am looking at setting up a scan where I can find stocks that have lossed 50% or greater of the high value of this year.  So if in February a stock was at $100 and now is at $50 or less.  I am not sure how to do this.

Thanks

Topic: Candle shadows
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:28:23 AM

I forgot to add that I would want this for the (x) previous trading days

Topic: Candle shadows
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:18:11 AM

Is there a way to set up a scan or PCF to find stock price candels that have very little or no shadows?  I believe they are also called wicks and tails.

Topic: Volume
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:11:06 PM

Hi Bruce

Thanks very much for your help.  This is working great.

Have a great evening

Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:01:57 PM

Sorry.  Here is some more info.

I want the volume from two days ago to be above the 24EMA and th volume yesterday to be be above the volume of 2 days ago and yesterdays volume above the 24EMA also.

I would actualy do the scan at the end of the day to determine what stocks had increasing volume and above th EMA for the last 2 days

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 10:47:48 PM

Hello

I am wanting to write a pcf on volume and seem to be missing something.  I want to set up a pcf and scan so I can find stocks where the volume for the last 2 days increasing and above a MA of 24.

Thanks

Paul

Topic: scanning for gaps
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:26:59 PM

Hello

I am looking to write a formula to find gaps.  Specifically I am looking for two types.  When a stock has been in a downtrend and there is a doji or several dojis in a row then there is a bullsih candle that gaps up after the doji.  The gap can be very small or large. 

The second is when there is an uptrend and then a doji or several dojis and then a gap down on the next candle.

I am looking at end of day charts mostly and can refine it if I decide to do a shorter or longer timeframe.

Thanks for your help.

Topic: Volume Vs Price
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:50:04 AM

Hello

How would I write a PCF for the following.  IF I want to know if the total volume for the day (the volume bar) is greater than the candlestick price bar for the same day.  I would want to be able to vary this and sometimes use it for 1 day and sometimes use it for 5 days. 

Thanks

Topic: TSV and MS Topping and bottoming
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:47:52 PM

Thanks Bruce