Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Onereason
About
User Name: Onereason
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 56
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Backtest (and real time scan) for High of Day at certain time
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:53:08 AM

Hi Bruce, 

what does "'# Cumulative" do?

and I would like to use this as an indicator and condition, is there any reason why I can't

Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:20:01 AM

Bruce, you ROCK!!  

going to work on implementing it now.

Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 11:58:59 AM

Hi Bruce,

I want to scan for stocks that are making a new high (and low in another scan) of the day at certain times of the day. For example

If last is new high of day and time is between 1 PM  and 2 PM then pass

Can that be done?  Thanks in advance.

Topic: Price crossing / at an even dollar amount
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:32:38 PM

Hi Bruce,

I would like a condition that is true if a stock is at $XX.95  

For example, $9.95  $10.95  $14.95  

Actually, nothing key about "95 cents", just want to be able to search for true at any inputed amount in decimals, for example an even dollar amount at $9.00  $10.00 etc... although I will probably use .10 and .90 as the primary numbers to start out with

Thanks

Topic: Create sound alert, entry into log, & popup when condition is met one time per bar
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:15:50 AM

Hi Bruce,

I know how to make a popup and sound alert when a condition is met, but I'm having trouble making it so that SF reacts only once per bar.

I have 1000+ symbols and the condition works fine, so if I can get the other part working it will be great.

currently I have:

If high > entrypoint then

pass

end i

If you can advise what and where that will be great.

Thanks in advance 

Topic: Receiving an unexpected result
Posted: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:07:12 AM

Ok, thanks Bruce.

I think I found the problem as you illustrated in your reply. 5000 isn't 5000 shares traded, it's 500K.

once adjusted the problem was fixed.

Topic: Receiving an unexpected result
Posted: Monday, October 7, 2013 4:01:28 PM

Hi Bruce,

I'm using the following code and receive a response that I don't expect. I'm using a 2 min chart.

datasettings are 600 bars of data

varVolumeMin = 5000
volumeMult = .1
VolumeLongAve = volume.AVG(300, 30)

If VolumeLongAve < varVolumeMin Then
volumeadjust = (1 - VolumeLongAve / varVolumeMin) * volumeMult
diff = (diff * 1.0005) + .02 + (volumeadjust * 1.0)
End If

for tickers XONE and SLV stockfinder is showing a value of .10 

volumeadjust = .10 when displayed as a indicator on the chart. It should be zero.  When i use an indicator to display the values for VolumeLongAve and varVolumeMin they appear correct, but instead of a zero I get "10 cents"

Topic: Optimising and reusing code
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:42:31 PM

Thanks Bruce,

How do I code that it&#39;s a new bar as apposed to just another tick?

Which reminds me of another feature that would be nice. I created the code to have a popup and sound when a condition is met, but it continues to pop up multiple times in a single bar.

It would be nice if it only popped once per bar and I&#39;m guessing the code to limit that is what I need to have the other static variables refresh upon each new bar.

Can you provide a code example that tests if its a new bar?

Topic: Optimising and reusing code
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 1:20:28 PM

Hey Bruce,

I keep banding my head on computer resource limits, and also recently I found a need to use a previous bar qualifier for a setup.

With that said, hopefully both issues can be solved with the same solution if I understand "static" variables correctly.

First, the previous bar&#39;s variable requirement -

I have a bunch of code to create a qualifying setup that includes previous opens, highs, closes, volume etc.. that gives me a value. I will call this value varSETUP. I also want a value from similar variables and I will call this varConfirmation

I want the previous bar&#39;s close to be greater than varSETUP and IF that happens, I want the current bar&#39;s high/last to be greater than varConfirmation in order to "PASS" to signal a trade opportunity.

Currently, I use code that checks the previous bar&#39;s data along with the current bar&#39;s data to perform the "pass" IF THEN inside a condition.

I am wondering if I can store the bar&#39;s data for it to be used as the previous bar&#39;s data upon a new bar (I&#39;m using intraday data).

I want the same the compariable indicator.

Also, along the same lines, I use volume moving averages that are quite long (over 500 bars), I am wondering if I can use static variables to lower the processing power needed. I understand each bar makes a static variable increasingly "stale" when it&#39;s based on a moving average, so I would like to check after each bar and maybe recalculate it after X number of bars. 

I&#39;m not really sure how to make it happen or if using static variables are the path, but I&#39;m open to all ideas.

Thanks

Bob

Topic: Using Indicator values as part of Condition code
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:01:37 AM

Hi Bruce,

I wanted to say thanks for the great service and your always prompt help.

I mentioned StockFinder in an article i wrote today. http://www.thestreet.com/story/11891776/1/solars-short-squeeze-days-are-numbered.html

Thanks again

Robert