Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: csns
About
User Name: csns
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 30
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: NYSE New 52 week highs and S&P 500 New 52 week highs
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 10:06:58 AM
Sorry, I am missing the bolded part below.

How can I do the following in telechart or if it is not possible in telechart, how about in stockfinder?

If I want to add the number of new highs for the latest ten trading days; add, similarly, the number of new lows; and subtract the lows from the highs. The difference, divided by ten, provides the current reading.The next day, drop the first day's figures and add in the eleventh day . Finally I want to plot it on a graph.

Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 10:00:03 AM
Thanks for everything.
 How can I do the following in telechart or if it is not possible in telechart, how about in stockfinder?

If I want to add the number of new highs for the latest ten trading days; add, similarly, the number of new lows; and subtract the lows from the highs.The next day, drop the first day's figures and add in the eleventh day . Finally I want to plot it on a graph.

Thanks

Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 1:17:19 AM
Thank you for the information regarding 52 week new high and new low .

I am reading " when to sell" by Justin Mamis and Robert Mamis. They plot the H-L differential and smooth it out abnormal action by 10 day Moving Average. How can I do it in telechart?

Thanks always
Topic: correlation
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 10:13:57 PM
Can stockfinder or telechart calculate the correlation between SPY and any individual stock or ETF?

Thanks
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 11:38:25 PM
How can I find the #s of NYSE new 52 week highs and new  52 week lows? ( Also the same information for S& P 500)

Topic: the Arms index
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 4:49:28 PM
I just bought a book " stop and make money" by Richard Arms. I want to create arms index in both Telechart and stock finder.

It is Arms index= (Advances/Declines) / ( Advancing Volume/ Declining Volume)

How can I do it?

Thanks always

Topic: MA of the price percentage change
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:24:26 AM
Thanks for the forumlas. 

Can you refer me to the posted topics regarding how  to use ABS or LOG math operators?

Thanks again
Topic: MA of the price percentage change
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 9:43:32 AM

1. I want to create an oscillator by  taking the change in price from one day to the next and divide it by the current price. Then run a moving average of the data using a ten-day basis. 
2 after the oscillator is created, how can you change the vertical scale by inverting it and using a log scale to equate the results more easily to price.

please help to write the forumlas for both telechart and stockfinder.

Thanks

Sherry

Topic: create pcf by using a custom indicator
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 4:51:31 PM

1. I want to create an oscillator by  taking the change in price from one day to the next and divide it by the current price. Then run a moving average of the data using a ten-day basis. 
2 after the oscillator is created, how can you change the vertical scale by inverting it and using a log scale to equate the results more easily to price.

please help to write the both forumla for telechart and stockfinder.

Thanks

Sherry

Topic: create pcf by using a custom indicator
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:13:23 AM
I want to create a pcf by combining the following formulas with a custom indicator ( bolded below)

XAVGC7 > AVGC9 AND XAVGC7.1 <= AVGC9.1

custom indicator:

(C*V+C1*V1+C3*V3+C4*V4+C5*V5+......+C20*v20)/AvgV21/21 smoothing ave 1 simple

please note: I want Up MA9 just crossover the custom indicator above. I have this custom indicator in my system already.

Thanks for the help