Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Sir Methodical's TSV guideline Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ajclarke88
Posted : Monday, January 9, 2006 9:17:52 AM
When following Sir Methodical’s TSV usage ( 12/21/05) I did not find the correlations that he refers to.

For example: he states “...From June 27 to July 5, CRDN’s price jumped 30% with volume 2-4 times normal. As this occurred, TSV stepped up from slightly negative to very positive. Twelve days later this action was moving out of the time range for TSV12 and volume was dropping. TSV12 dropped steeply (which is normal). With its greater smoothing ability, TSV20 continued to rise."

In my screen, all the TSVs move in unison. There are no noticeable differences that relate to the description above. I have tried at different zoom levels and time frames and the results are similar. I included TSV30 with same results. Maybe you can identify where I may be at fault!

Thanks for looking into this matter.

Best regards,

Tony

Craig_S
Posted : Monday, January 9, 2006 9:39:06 AM

Worden Trainer

I have a feeling you are using an exponential averaging. If you use simple for your TSVs you will see what he is talking about.

I figured he was using a simple average on his TSV when he said:
"Twelve days later this action was moving out of the time range for TSV12 and volume was dropping"

- Craig
Here to Help!
ajclarke88
Posted : Monday, January 9, 2006 6:35:49 PM
You were right! I never thought about this aspect, as I use exponentials in everything. Now, I've learnt something for future use.

Thanks!!