Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Intrepretation of CAFE Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rkd998
Posted : Monday, October 10, 2005 10:34:14 PM
One of my filters picked up the stock CAFE. When looking at CAFE on Yahoo Financial, a message came up stating the symbol has been changed to "CAFE.PK", and traded today between 0.85 and 1.20. I interpret the PK suffix on the end of the symbol as an indication the stock currently trades on the Pink Sheets (i.e. does not meet requirements to trade on one of the major indices). When I look at this stock in TeleChart, it just shows a flat line starting at 9/12/05 thru 9/29/05, no data from 9/30/05 thru 10/10/05, and half a line on 10/10/05. The amplitude of the line is at a value of 2.15. I don't understand TeleChart's flat line at a value of 2.15. Can you help me interpret what information TeleChart is conveying with this chart please? At first glance, it appears inaccurate but maybe because it trades on the Pink Sheets I should be interpreting it some other way?

TIA

rkd998
Doug_H
Posted : Monday, October 10, 2005 10:49:50 PM

Worden Trainer

The .PK does indeed mean that CAFE now trades on the pink sheets. It apparently has been de-listed from the exchange it traded on. TeleChart only tracks common stocks trading on any of the three major exchanges...no pink sheets, no bb's. I'll check with the data department, but my guess is that the stock was de-listed (and we stopped tracking it) when it was priced at 2.15 and it should be removed from the database. Someone will get back to you about this.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
Doug_H
Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:39:02 AM

Worden Trainer

rkd998:

Our policy is to remove stocks that have not traded for 15 days. CAFE has now gone 21 days with no trading, and it apparently missed our last sweep. The data department has informed me that it will be removed from the database as of tonight's market close download. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
rkd998
Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:45:50 PM
Thanks for the follow-up Doug.

rkd998