Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

A HUGE THANK YOU TO WORDEN for V. 19 and some Questions Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
donv98
Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 11:56:15 AM

I am very pleased with the new V19 rollout in making it hopefully seamless across platforms.

Is that correct? 

I am currently using the browser version of V19 and am believing that the experience is the same irregardless of platform or if I download the desktop version. Is this a correct assumption?

Is it true that there is no longer any distinction between the browser version and the desktop as was true in the past? Are they identical?

I am hopeful of the enormous potential of this V 19.

A few things I have noticed...

I can no longer use the shortcut time period settings eg for Daily Key:1

Is this feature gone or is there another way to use it??

I too had the system crash when I  tried to  plot Implied Vol. I have been afraid to try that since.

I thank Worden for the excellent documentation of the new V19 enhancements.

I did notice that on several of the V19 documentation presentations of sorting various aspects of the bid/ask spread that the examples did not show the sort correctly. They weren't actually sorted.

Many thanks to the Worden team for this V. 19 update and all the enhancements!

Don

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 12:29:00 PM

Worden Trainer

Your assumption is mostly correct. There are a few settings which are stored locally. These settings do not carry over to all versions. In fact, these settings only work correctly on a version installed locally on your comuter and do not work on versions running on our servers instead. By understanding is that there is work being done to try and resolve this (by eliminating these global settings and making them global).

The installed and browser versions should be the same as long as the have the same version and build numbers.

Your browser is probably highjacking the function keys. The function keys work in the Android client. You might want to try the Parallels Client app for whatever operating system you are using.

Ah, you said the number keys. I can't get those to work either and will report it to development.

I seem to be able to plot options implied volatility just fine in the Android client.

Have you tried the sort in client? It does actually seem to work for me. It could just be the person creating the documentation re-using graphics elements instead of actually doing the sort.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles