Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Simulated Trade (Already In Trade) Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
illustrationism
Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:53:52 AM

Is there a way to "force" TC2000 into a paper / simulated options trade at a certain past time and price? Sometimes I'll be in a live trade and want to use TC2000 to simulate what I might be able to do with it, but I don't see a way to force TC2000 into a trade at a specific price.

Thanks!

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:35:49 AM

Worden Trainer

No, the paper trader is pretty strict about only trading when an actual trade happens so you can actually see the effects of slippage and liquidity on different types of trades and securities before risking real money.

It might be a bit pessimistic since your paper trade isn't actually seen by anybody else, but it is better than an overly optimistic paper trader.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
illustrationism
Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:45:16 AM

Well... I guess what I'm asking about is more of an in-trade management tool versus paper trading or a simulator. Do you know of anything that has a similar UI to TC2000 with the visual green and red shaded areas and dotted lines?

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:50:30 AM

Worden Trainer

TC2000 is definitely set up as a paper trader. It isn't set up for portfolio management or for tracking trades and positions not made within the program.

I do not know of any third party options with a similar interface, but I don't get to play with a lot of other software.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
illustrationism
Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:00:29 AM

"Bruce... I heard you were... looking at other software today. You know the punishment for that type of... offense, don't you???" lol

Fair answer though. Cheers!

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:08:01 AM

Worden Trainer

I actually do use other software as part of my job sometimes, just not very often.

And I am usally just running it to test something, to try and figure out what somebody referencing other software means, to see how some code works, or to compare something I have created in TC2000 to a different and/or original source.

And that pretty much only happens if I can access the software for free somehow. I don't have access to a library of competitors' products. I can usually figure out what I need without using the software at all by reading through the documentation and/or some forum posts.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles