Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

gap ups Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Kemery
Posted : Monday, August 1, 2005 6:28:59 PM
Dear Trainer 8-01-05
I up dated at 9.55 a m looking for gap ups and found ADBL made a quit trade.
At close ADBL was not in gap ups. How come? Other gap ups were missing also?

I need this info at close! And at 9.55 every morning.
At close do I get all the gap ups or does this change ? or is something wrong with my computer?

When I up date a 4.30 do I get the closing price or is it 20 minute delayed? This means I don’t have the real closing price ?

Terry
Doug_H
Posted : Monday, August 1, 2005 7:37:58 PM

Worden Trainer

Suppose a stock had a high yesterday of $10. Today it opens at $12. Many would call that a gap up at the open. However, what if the stock goes back down to $9.50 during the day, and then closes at $10.50. The original gap was filled during the day's trading. If you update at the close, that stock will not show as a Gap Up. It would have had to trade no lower than $10.01 today to still be considered a Gap Up (today's low is higher than yesterday's high).

ADBL closed Friday at $17.99 and opened today at $18.14. However, Friday's high was $18.56 which is well above today's open of $18.14. The price at 9:55 was $18.30 which is still below Friday's high of $18.56. Where did you see it as a Gap Up?

- Doug
Teaching Online!
Craig_S
Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2005 1:39:37 AM

Worden Trainer

It gapped from close to open but there was no gap from the high yesterday to today. If you want to find stocks that gapped from close to today's open use this PCF:

O>C1

If you want stocks that opened today above yesterday's high then use this:

O>H1

- Craig
Here to Help!