Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

v16 for Mac Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
hanzonn
Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 3:43:34 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I just received a customer support email telling me that Worden Bros. has no plans to release a v16 Mac version.  After reading through a recent discussion board post, you guys mentioned that a Mac version was in the works, but didn't have a release date.   What gives?  Will you have a Mac version or not?  If so, when is expected to be released?  Thanks!

StockGuy
Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 3:51:37 PM

Administration

I don't think we said it was in the works.  Bruce's recent post is below.  There is no ETA on a version that will run on the Mac OS.

"We still plan on having TC2000 v16 available for the Mac at some point, but I do not know when it will happen.

Since TC2000 v16 is currently a native Windows program, you can run it on a Mac using emulation or virtualization software which allows you to run Windows in a Mac such as Parallels."

hanzonn
Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:25:27 PM

Yup - that's what I saw.  So, I take it to mean that it WILL happen at some point.  Any ideas?  3 mos?  3 years?

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 4:01:09 PM

Worden Trainer

My understanding is we are waiting on some anticipated changes to .NET Studio. So the timing is somewhat out of our control.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
hanzonn
Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:11:25 PM

Greetings,

Just a follow-up.  Any idea when v16 will be available for Mac?

Thanks!

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:26:30 PM

Worden Trainer

No, I don't know when it will be available. We plan on having new versions available for the Mac, but are not currently working on a Mac version because we don't have a way to do so using .NET Studio yet.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
cmiles
Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2017 12:40:11 PM

Any news on the Mac Version i for one would definately sign up.

Also would using HTML 5 be an option.

Marketsmith now use that and looks great on the retina screens.

I realise that you can use version in virtualization software but a friend who is using version 16 that way tells me it is very laggy and has now cancelled their account.

Any updates you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, January 30, 2017 1:23:24 PM

Worden Trainer

I do not have any news on when new desktop versions of TC2000 might become available in a format which a Mac can run natively. The tablet version of TC2000 is actually done using HTML5, but it does not have all of the features of the desktop version of TC2000.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
mlozano
Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 6:09:16 AM

since v16 is still in the works, is there a link to be able to re-download v12 for the mac?

Thanks!

StockGuy
Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 7:34:26 AM

Administration

Yes, you can install version 12.5 for the Mac here: http://www.tc2000.com/version-12-5

dario80
Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:59:58 AM

Any news about Mac version? I've signed up when Mac and Windows customers were equal...now they are a few version ahead...

Same price, different services...do you believe it's correct? Parallels is not a solution and you know it

if you are not able to upgrade Mac version...please upgrade browser version

StockGuy
Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:39:20 AM

Administration

We were excited when Silverlight was released back in 2008. It was the first time we were able to develop streaming versions of TC2000 that you could run in a browser in Windows or the Mac OS.  It allowed us to develop one platform that would run in both and we didn’t have to program specifically for the Mac OS.

When the major browser applications began phasing out support for NPAPI, the technology that allowed Silverlight applications to run in the browser, we had to go back to developing a native Windows application.  .Net is now an open source environment so there’s a chance in the future that we will be able to develop .Net applications that run on the Mac.

We will continue to support version 12.5, but will not be developing it any further.

dario80
Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 4:15:58 AM

stockguy, thanks for your reply.

I understand your arguments, but please you have to understand me (and other Mac users), that pay the same amount and receive a service a lot less valuable.

StockGuy
Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 9:32:57 AM

Administration

I understand. But you do have an alternative solution that will allow you to run TC2000 on the Mac. 

dario80
Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 11:15:53 AM

do you really believe that Mac with Parallels is the same of Windows?

I've tried Parallels and I can tell you that it is really different....and obviously Parallels + Windows are not free.

An alternative solution means a solution similar at the first one ...and this is not an alternative.

However, you have changed policy (you don't support more Mac), I have to buy a Windows PC, but please don 't write on your website that Telechart supports Mac. It's not true.