Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Why no new webinar ?? Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ZC
Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 9:34:18 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Hello, 

When looking at the webinar archive (http://www.worden.com/webinars/archive), one can see that none are available past 2013.

Why isn't there any new webinar in 2014, 2015, 2016 ?  Have you stopped broadcasting any webinars ? 

ZC.

Putt4Dough
Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 10:07:55 AM

Hi ZC, welcome to the forums.

Just my opinion, but I see two main contributing factors:

• Julia left Worden, leaving Michael as the sole trainer (if they have replaced Julia, I haven't heard about it).
  • Creating their own brokerage, and incorporating it into v16 is a pretty big deal. Michael's been pretty busy with that. 

They also stopped traveling for a while, but at least this year they resumed their live training classes. Michael and his crew visited Chicago in June. You can find the remaining schedule for the year here.

There are eight cities remaining on the schedule, and if you're anywhere near any of them, I'd highly recommend attending. Even if you have to travel, if you're a serious TC2000 user it's worth the trip. I sat in on both days in Chicago because I'm slow and wanted to take it all in twice :) 

I miss the webinars, and am hoping for a resumption. Maybe Worden can take some of the new revenue from collecting commissions and hire another trainer. (Hint). Btw, I'm available ;)

CNorth
Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:32:06 PM

Good call ZC.  The only new coverage of TC2000 I have seen over the past 12 months came from outside of Worden:

https://vimeo.com/138804540

http://bullsonwallstreet.com/trading-tool-review-wordens-tc2000/

Putt4Dough do you know how they decide where their live training classes will be held or if they are taking suggestions for 2017?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:43:22 PM

Worden Trainer

I do not know for sure how the decisions are made, but we do take suggestions.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Putt4Dough
Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:21:46 PM

Bruce,

QUOTE (Bruce_L)
I do not know for sure how the decisions are made, but we do take suggestions.

Get Michael some help in the training area!

I appreciate that the brokerage adds a layer of regulatory complexity, and I know Julia's shoes are tough to fill, but Michael can only do so much.

I was extremely happy to see Worden going on the road again this year.  I attended both days in the Chicago area in June and had a terrific time. I got a room at the hotel and made a little staycation out of it. Michael was awesome, and Renee and Shaun were great.  Please thank them for their hospitality.

I had been hesitant to try v16 until Michael showed us how easy, and cool, all the new features are.

At the time it sounded like Michael was working on updating the User Guide documentation to v16. Being a long-time Platinum user and technical reviewer of over a half-dozen published software books, I offered to help. I would've done it for nothing. I would've signed a NDA. Michael never got back to me, and I wasn't really surprised given Worden's (lack of) communication. Hey, I gave it a shot.

I still haven't seen a new User Guide.

Maybe as a way to ease back into a webinar series, Michael can do every-other-week webinars, using all the material and topics he's currently covering on the road. I was fortunate that he visited Chicago, but other folks may not be able to attend a live class. Break the material up into hourly chunks and do the webinar format every couple of weeks. Get all of your customers on board with v16.

By the way, Bruce ... I forbid you and Michael to ever buy a lottery ticket together, or fly together on the same plane. If Worden loses you both, I'm moving on. ;)

Bruce, you rock. Michael is amazing. Shaun & Renee are great. Everyone in support that I've reached out to have been very helpful. Worden just needs some more trainers!! :)

CNorth,

I can't say for sure how they decide where to present their live classes, and I don't know you or your background, but if you put on a businessman's hat, and decide you want to reach your customers, you go where your customers are. The first thing I'd so is ask my data department to show me a map of where my customers are concentrated. Major metropolitan areas are a no-brainer, but I'm sure Worden didn't just throw darts at a map, or ask Michael where he'd like to go visit on vacation. :)

As Bruce said, they do take suggestions. Some in the forum would say otherwise, but you can't make everyone happy all the time. Let them know you're out there.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:29:13 PM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles