Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Shorter timeframe trendlines showing up on daily Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
slappyMarsden
Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 5:44:15 PM

When I am drawing trendlines on shorter time frames say the 5min, 15 min, hourly etc...these trendlines show up on my daily chart and it just becomes a complete mess...is there an option when drawing trendlines on shorter time frames and have them NOT show up on my main daily chart?

busterram
Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:27:55 PM

Put them in different drawing boards. In the drawing tool bar you will see many boards from 1 to 8. Use each one for different timeframe.

slappyMarsden
Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 7:02:43 PM

I already do that...I am using version 16 and I created a new tab with multi time frames of 1min, 5min and 15min (3 different windows within a tab) and when I draw on these timeframes I flip back to my other tab that has my daily and all the drawings from the shorter timeframes still appear on my daily chart.

slappyMarsden
Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 8:30:49 PM

Looks like I am getting confused with the different boards, scratch boards etc...

slappyMarsden
Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 9:24:45 PM

I got myself up to speed after watching one of the tutorial videos but I notice a difference between version 12.6 and version 16.

Version 12.6 has 8 different drawing boards including a scratch board.

Version 16 has only 2 boards...one called #sym and the other scratch <--- is that normal??? where are the other 7 scratch boards? Version 16 took them out?

busterram
Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 10:42:23 PM

You will get 9 boards. You may have to enable them in settings. See this thread where Bruce has given instructions on how to enable it.

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=64111

Put each timeframe it its own board and that will eliminate the problem you have....

slappyMarsden
Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 11:04:14 PM

Thanks busterram