Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Accumulation Distribution Indicator Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
harryrp
Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:23:42 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

There is no Accumulation/Distribution Indicator in the TC 2000 indicator set. I have found a formula for this indicator in the "Encyclopedia of Technical Market Indicators" It is as follows.

AD = cum((((C - L) - (H -C))/(H - L)) *V)

AD = Accum/Distribution Index

cum = Calculate a cumulative running total line.

C = Daily Closing price

H = The daily high price

L = The daily low price.

V = The daily total volume

Can you please transcribe into TC2000 format. Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:37:58 PM

Worden Trainer

Add a Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator to the chart.

Adding and Moving Indicators (7:19)

And then click on it and select Edit to use the following settings.

- Period: 1
- Average Type: Simple
- Up Condition: C > C - 1
- Down Condition: C < C - 1
- Value to Add/Subtract: V * (2 * C - H - L) / (H - L + ABS(H = L))

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
harryrp
Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:19:49 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Not sure what to do with C > C - 1 and C < C - 1. When I put them in the formula window it leads to an error message.

Thanks

Harry

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:22:29 PM

Worden Trainer

If you add a Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator to the chart and edit it, there will be specific options for Up Condition, Down Condition and Value to Add/Subtract.

This needs to be created as a Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator where you can enter all three formulas. It is not just a standalone formula.

A Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator is added to the chart in the same way as any other indicator. You would select Add Plot to Chart (the green + in the upper left corner of the chart) and choose Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator from the list. A video on how to add indicators is referenced in my first response if you want a demonstration of how to add indicators.

You would then click on the name of the indicator at the top of the pane where it was added and select Edit to adjust its settings.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bengisby
Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:44:54 PM

Hi Bruce,

Is it possible to have this in a PCF? I would like to scan for divergence. Say, over a period of 10, AD icreases while price decreases.

Best,

Ben

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:17:49 AM

Worden Trainer

No, it is not possible to create this as a Personal Criteria Formula or as a plain Custom PCF Indicator.. It has to be created as a Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator.

You can click on one indicator and select Create Scan Condition for it to be moving up over a period of 10 bars and then click on the other indicator and select Create Scan Condition for it to be moving down over a period of 10 bars. Adding both conditions to the same EasyScan would create a simplistic divergence scan.

Create Conditions from Your Chart (5:25)

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bengisby
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 12:14:47 AM

Bruce, really appreciate all your help. 

I would like to use the above indicator but when I see a gap I find it difficult to read. Is it possible to write the formula to remove gaps? I've tried to modify the above using C1 and C1>H criteria for IF:Then but am flailing...

Basically, if C1>H then using your formula above: 2*C-C1-L; If C1<L then 2*C-H-C1; if neither is true, then use your formula above. I think that's what I mean, but basically looking for a way to have the line adjust for gaps and not be so far away from the candlesticks when there is a gap.

Best,

Ben

bengisby
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 12:18:31 AM

Bruce, my other question is.. (I know it's a longshot) is it possible to have this line drawn based on ticks? Is there such an indicator (i.e. accumulation/distribution based on ticks but shown on longer timeframe charts)

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:27:29 AM

Worden Trainer

Add a Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator to the chart.

Adding and Moving Indicators (7:19)

And then click on it and select Edit to use the following settings if you only want H and L corrected in the numerator.

- Value to Add/Subtract: V * (2 * C - (H + L + 2 * C1 + ABS(H- C1) - ABS(L - C1)) / 2) / (H - L + ABS(H = L))

Or the following settings if you need the H and L corrected in the denominator as well.

- Value to Add/Subtract: V * (2 * C - (H + L + 2 * C1 + ABS(H- C1) - ABS(L - C1)) / 2) / ((H - L + ABS(H - C1) + ABS(C1 - L)) / 2 + ABS(H + ABS(H - C1) + ABS(C1 - L) = L))

You should be able to plot this indicator on a tick chart if you have real time data, but there isn't a way to have the tick version drawn in a different time frame.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bengisby
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:59:36 AM

Hi Bruce, getting "unmatched parenthesis at position 132" error for this:

V * (2 * C - (H + L + 2 * C1 + ABS(H- C1) - ABS(L - C1)) / 2) / ((H - L + ABS(H - C1) + ABS(C1 - L)) / 2 + ABS(H + ABS(H - C1) + ABS(C1 - L) = L)

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 12:02:02 PM

Worden Trainer

It looks like the final paranthesis got deleted when I copied and pasted it the last time. Should work now.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bengisby
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:24:13 PM

Thanks again. and the 2nd one is the one I want so that if someone buys at a higher/lower price from previous candle it will make the line go up/down. Appreciate the support.

bengisby
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:54:17 PM

Bruce, just comparing lines here, 99% of the time seems to work flawlessly, however - the start of the thread formula compared to the second formula you wrote me above and notice something I'm not expecting.

2 candles:

C1=5.52 for open & close

C=5.52 open and 5.46 for low and close

When I compare the lines, the first formula the line goes down about 3% on the chart whereas the updated line you built me goes down about 1%, much smaller drop. I would want them to be equal decline size since they should be using the same candle.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:56:04 PM

Worden Trainer

What is the symbol?

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bengisby
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:25:13 PM

ovas. minute chart, 12:49pm.

bengisby
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:27:57 PM

i'm very sorry, my mistake. I had an old formula plugged in to the first line as I was trying to work through building it myself. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:37:16 PM

Worden Trainer

It may be a different percentage drop visually, but both indicators seem to drop 15.2K.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:37:50 PM

Worden Trainer

I am happy to read you have figured out the issue.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles