Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Export more than 5000 bars Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
manuj
Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 11:07:53 PM

I am able to draw more than 5000 bars by customizing the blocks and adding the input length parameter. But how can I export more than 5000 bar data?

In case SF5 cannot export more than 5000 bars - Is it possible to read the SF5 data files directly via some script or program?

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:36:52 AM

Worden Trainer

There isn't a way to export more than 5000 bars of data or to directly read StockFinder's data using any existing script or program besides StockFinder itself.

If I need to export more than 5000 bars (which I've only done a few times), I manually create a an indicator duplicating the indicator I want to export from 5000 bars ago. Then I export both the main indicator and its 5000 bars ago version.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
manuj
Posted : Friday, December 12, 2014 7:03:28 AM

hi bruce 

could you please give me more details about how to create the duplicate indicator. say i have a macd of a T2 indicator I want to export. how to force the export window to export more than 5000 of this?

some example will really help a lot.

thanks in advance

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, December 12, 2014 1:02:54 PM

Worden Trainer

The easiest thing to do is just add a 1-period moving average to the indicator. And set the offset to 5000 bars (you might want to try 4999 if you see a gap, but you shouldn't need to do so).

Then you would export both the indicator and the offset moving average..

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
manuj
Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:11:14 PM

Hi Bruce

I tried the method you described several ways but no luck. For instance I am trying to export hourly prices of NYSE or DJ-30. After I set the "Length Limit" in the block diagram - I can see the bars from Jun 2009. But when I export the data with the MA1 (with offset of 4999) - I only get the data from 2012 onwards.

Please help.

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 1:43:37 PM

Worden Trainer

It works for me as far as exporting the values of the data. The dates are going to be for the current bar and not x bars ago however.

You could try something like the following RealCode Indicator, but you would need to edit the Block Diagram of the RealCode Indicator to add a Length Limit Block to get to the older data. You might even need to keep re-adding the Length Limit Block on occassion because a re-compile of the RealCode can cause the Block Diagram to get re-created.

'|******************************************************************
'|*** StockFinder RealCode Indicator - Version 5.0 www.worden.com 
'|*** Copy and paste this header and code into StockFinder *********
'|*** Indicator:Date Export Test
'|******************************************************************
Label = Price.DateValue(5000)
OpenValue = Price.Open(5000)
HighValue = Price.High(5000)
LowValue = Price.Low(5000)
Plot = Price.Close(5000)

Note that you are still going to get the current dates as part of the export, but you should also get a field as part of the export for the Label.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles