Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Installing Version 7 as well as version 12.4 on Windows 8? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
DaveN
Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2014 6:50:33 PM

I have version 12.4 installed on Windows 8 and it's working fine.

I want to also install version 7 so that I can use the data plugin to import TC2000 data into Amibroker 5.60.3.

Can I just install TC2000 version 7 or will it interfere with the existing 12.4 installation?

DaveN
Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2014 7:46:09 PM

QUOTE (DaveN)

I have version 12.4 installed on Windows 8 and it's working fine.

I want to also install version 7 so that I can use the data plugin to import TC2000 data into Amibroker 5.60.3.

Can I just install TC2000 version 7 or will it interfere with the existing 12.4 installation?

Well I went ahead and installed TC2000 Version 7 in c:\Worden\TeleChartV7 and it appears to run ok, however it doesn't show intraday data (I have platinum subscription). How can I get intraday data in version 7? I am testing this Saturday afternoon - does the market need to be open for intraday to show in V7?

Intraday data works in version 12.4, but I want to get intraday data from version 7 so I can import it into Amibroker for explorations I have written in Amibroker AFL. Amibroker now sees the TC2000 data plugin after I installed TC200 V7, but it doesn't support intraday data.

StockGuy
Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 11:18:31 AM

Administration

Click Databank > Realtime Settings and make sure the "automatically connect to real time" box is checked.

AmiBroker is not going to be able to see the real time data, however.  The API for version 7 only works with the data stored on your computer. The real time data in v7 comes from our servers when you pull up a chart.  It is not stored locally.