Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Alert Log vs Alert Charts Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 3:46:20 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE to link the Alert Log  to the actual chart where the alert is created ? 

The current chart link is useless.

Also by the way, it would help if there was a little more transparency in the suggestion process.  We already know suggestions are forwarded to the "Development Team" and "you do not know when or if any particular suggestion migh be implemented".

Maybe Worden should the reinstitute the separate Suggestions category under the Discussion tab and let the "Development Team" be responsible for replies.

Jessica_R
Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 4:00:37 PM

Worden Staff

Big_Sky_Walker, 

Please know that all suggestions are logged and forwarded to our development team. 

I have forwarded your suggestion regardng the Alerts log as well as a Suggestion category in the discussion board to our developers. 

busterram
Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 5:14:40 PM

Thats definetely a very important and useful feature to add. This has been asked multiple times by many in the forums.

Here is one such post.

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=62547

if you search you will find many such posts.

As you rightly pointed out, tc2k is a good software but their development process lacks transparency / accountability. Its a black box and paying customers don't have a way to influence and prioritize the features. Many important features that are asked have been lagging behind and hope someone wakes up in their management team to fix this process. If I were leading their development team, I would be ashamed to be quiet instead would hit the forums to provide feedback and not hide begind comments like "we do not know when or whether any particular suggestion might be implemented. Just check other forums like Ninjatrader or ThinkorSwim or Tradestation. Their development team are proactive in actively participating in the forums and providing thoughs / feedback etc.

In summary, tc2k a good software with lot of potential but a shameful development practices with no transparency.

Regards,

B

Anek
Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 5:38:37 PM

QUOTE (Big_Sky_Walker)

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE to link the Alert Log  to the actual chart where the alert is created ? 

The current chart link is useless.

Also by the way, it would help if there was a little more transparency in the suggestion process.  We already know suggestions are forwarded to the "Development Team" and "you do not know when or if any particular suggestion migh be implemented".

Maybe Worden should the reinstitute the separate Suggestions category under the Discussion tab and let the "Development Team" be responsible for replies.

When i began using TC2000 I discovered that the software rearranges lines in charts as you scroll, many times misplacing them when you are finished.

I recorded a video and sent it to the support team via email, they acknolwedged the problem, the problem still exists and it has been over a year.

My suggestion, do not hold your breath.

busterram
Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 6:50:00 PM

I have seen the  lines move as well and reported it as well. I only draw horizontal lines in tc2k. I try not to draw trendlines for the exact problem you pointed out. It has been there for more than one year. Challenge is the forums are arranged in such a way the features / bugs reported are not trackable or even findable. So its easy for the management to be not accountable & hide behind the statement "we do not know when or whether any particular suggestion might be implemented". As more and users speak up on this issue, hope that prompts tc2k management to do something about the accountability / transparency.

Looking forward to tc2k management to take active interest in addressing users feedback / bugs in a timely manner.

B