Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

PCF for Date/Time Column in TC2000 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
kenoracle
Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 2:06:03 PM

I would like to add a 'DateTime' column to TC2000 watchlists, for use in EasyScans as well as manually-maintained watclists.  Currently, date fields on EasyScan-generated watchlists only show "N/A" as the date/time.

By nature, TC2000 APPEARS to capture all of YYMMDDHHMMSS, but watchlists will only sort by YYMMDD.  Further, ONLY manually-maintained watchlists will display a date.

If I can create an indicator  PCF for displaying YYMMDDHHMMSS, then I can sort on it and display relevant tickers at the top of the list, so long as they meet the EasyScan criteria.

**This is for LIVE data.  Then, I no longer have to search through my scans to (hopefully) discover the correct tickers to chart.

Thank you in advance for all your help and expertise!

Ken.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 2:24:26 PM

Worden Trainer

If you are referring to the Tracking Date (trkDate) WatchList Column, there really isn't a way to do what you want.

Tracking Date is only available for Personal WatchLists. It is specifically designed to track the date that a symbol was addded to that particular Personal WatchList (or the time to which this date was manually adjusted).

The Tracking Dates will be different for the same symbol in different Personal watchLists unless they are manually set to match.

It does allow you to set the time of day as part of the date, but the time of day is not used in sorting.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
truetrend
Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 5:58:47 PM

Bruce - When I run the dbl btm scan and I see a stock I like, I flag it so its added to the flagged watch list.  I added the trkDate column to the flagged watch list so I can tell what day/date I added a stock but it only shows N/A.

Above, are you saying I can ony see a date or price a stock was added using trkPrice if I move the flagged stock from the flagged watchlist to a personal watchlist I create?  Is there any what to add a column showing the date I add a stock to the flagged watchlist?  TIA.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 9:37:26 AM

Worden Trainer

The tracking information only works with Personal WatchLists and not the system WatchLists. Despite the symbols being user selectable, the flagged WatchList is not a Personal WatchList, which is why you are gitting the N/A instead of the any useful values.

There are no similar WatchList Colums available for the Flagged Items WatchList.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
truetrend
Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 12:30:06 PM

That is weird but thanks for the 411.  I'll just move the flagged items over each night.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 12:40:03 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles