Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Charts not loading, price not right, no symbols in watchlist Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Klozneir
Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 7:10:07 PM

Hi

Could someone please advise why charts are taking so much time to load when I click on the symbol in the watchlist. Normally it is taking more than 10 seconds. Sometime they dont appear at all for some symbols sometimes. I have tried logging-off and re-starting computer multiple times. Everything was fine till yesterday. Charts of my broker's platform are all working well. Its just TC2000 charts. I dont see symbols in the watchlist sometimes.

To make things worse, many a times price in the watchlist for symbols are different than the closing price and also price there on the charts in the same layout window.    

Someone knows if there is any server error at TC2000 end or just me?

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:08:23 AM

Worden Trainer

We are not currently experiencing any server issues. Please contact technical support.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Klozneir
Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 7:01:20 PM

Thanks Bruce

julian1000
Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:56:43 AM

I have been having the same problem for months. I have written support mutiple times about blank chart that can last for a minute or more.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:32:33 AM

Worden Trainer

I can pretty much tell you would cause this type of issue. Something on your computer or network is either causing the connection to our server or Silverlight functionality (or possibly both) to be sub-optimal.

But it is a technical support issue and I can't help you with it in the forums. There are some things technical support can do to try to resolve the issue, but there are other causes which would be completely outside of their ability to help you.

Security software of some sort can get in the way. This could by as varied as anti-virus software holding things up while it scans to the data to a firewall program blocking or delaying things. We can give you things like IP addresses, programs and URLs to use as exceptions, but we can't actually help you adjust these things.

The network itself can be the problem. Lots of ISPs are not expanding connections and dropping packets as part of a strategy to get better peering agreements. You will read about Netflix in this regard, but it affects more than just Netflix. Swiching DNS servers from your ISP to something else (Google provides free DNS service) can help, but only if it routes around the congested connections. Technical support can't help with this at all.

If the issue is Silverlight related, increasing the isolated storage can help. You can also run Silverlight Fixit, completely re-install Silverlight or enable Silverlight in your browser to get improved performance. Technical support can help you with these issues.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles