Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Scan Time Frame Settings Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Kneissl
Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:25:24 PM

Hello,

Please help me understand the different time frame settings.

Lets say I create a simple scan of the 15 MA crossing up thru the 30 MA with the time frame set to 1 minute.

Does the 1 minute time frame setting mean that the scan will only display stocks that meet the criteria for the last minute of trading?

I ask this because when I have a scan set to a daily time frame of the 15 MA crossing the 30 MA; I may see the MA cross from several days ago and not within the daily time frame.

Thanks for your help!

Jessica_R
Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:15:21 PM

Worden Staff

Kneissl,

The answer to your question is yes.

The time frame setting indicates the size of the bars being used in the calculations. So a 1-Minute time frame is using bars which are one minute long while a Daily time frame is using bars which are one trading day long. A Daily time frame setting would not check for results on a 1-Minute chart happening within the most recent day.

The EasyScan will return symbols in the List to Scan of the EasyScan which currently meet the requirements of all of its EasyScan Conditions.

As far as when you are getting results from a few days ago on a daily time frame, that could happen if you are on a different time frame on your chart, like weekly, hourly, etc. It could also happen if your chart is not expanded all the way over to the right side.

Kneissl
Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:13:24 PM

Thank you!

Jessica_R
Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:16:24 PM

Worden Staff

You are welcome.