Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

PCF assistance please Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ejhernandez
Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 11:42:30 AM

I would like to scan for new 30 dly bar highs that occur within XX bars of a new 90 dly bar low. I'm not sure what I want the XX time frame to be yet, so you can just plug in 90 for now and I can adjust it as needed. Thanks!

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 1:06:39 PM

Worden Trainer

If you do not know the value of XX, the only way I can think of to do this would be as follows (it is probably the best way to do this in TC2000 version 12.4 even if you do know the value of XX).

Create a Condition Formula for a new 30 bar high:

H > MAXH29.1

And also add a Custom PCF % True Indicator to the chart with the following settings.

- Period: XX
- Average Type: Simple
- Boolean Formula: L < MINL89.1

Adding and Moving Indicators

And then click on the Custom PCF % True Indicator on the chart and select Create Scan Condition to create a condition for the Custom PCF % True Indicator being greater than 0.

Create Conditions from Your Chart

You will then add both the condition you created by clicking on the Custom PCF % True Indicator and the Condition Formula you created earlier to the same EasyScan as EasyScan Conditions.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions

The EasyScan will only return symbols from the List to Scan of the EasyScan which meet the requirements of all of the EasyScan Conditions.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
ejhernandez
Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 2:57:13 PM

Bruce, that is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you very much.

Just to make sure that I understand the construction - if I wish to change the new low from 90 to some other number, I would change the 89.1 to 119.1 (for 120 bar new low for example).

Thaks for putting this together for me.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 3:30:04 PM

Worden Trainer

You seem to understand correctly. To check for a 120 bar new low instead of a 90 bar new low in the Custom PCF % True Indicator, you would change L < MINL89.1 to L < MINL119.1 instead.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles