Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Cumulator PCF Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
manuj
Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 1:33:47 PM

is there a way I can plot a cumulative value of any other indicator? I am using TC2000 12.4.

TIA.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 11:24:17 AM

Worden Trainer

TC2000 version 12.4 has an indicator called the Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator for this. The basic construction of a cumulative indicator using the Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator uses the following settings:

- Period:
- Average Type:
- Up Condition:
- Down Condition:
- Value to Add/Subtract:

The period is normally set to 1, changing this to something other than 1 results in a moving average of the average type setting being applied to the Custom PC Cumulative Indicator before it is plotted on the chart.

If the Up Condition is true, then the Value to Add/Subtract is added to the previous value of the Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator.

If the Down Condition is true, then the Value to Add/Subtract is subtracted from the previous vale of the Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator.

This means that if both the Up Condition and Down Condition are true or both the Up Condition and Down Condition are false, then the Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator will remain unchanged from the previous bar.

The initial settings used for the Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator result in an On Balance Volume (OBV) indicator.

- Period: 1
- Average Type: Simple
- Up Condition: C > C1
- Down Condition: C < C1
- Value to Add/Subtract: V

If you want to always add the Value to Add/Subtract to the previous value of the Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator, create an Up Condition which is always true and ad Down Condition which is always false. You can do this by just putting a - sign in between the C and 1 in both formulas. The following Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator would just keep adding the volume of the current bar to the previous value of the Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator.

- Period: 1
- Average Type: Simple
- Up Condition: C > C - 1
- Down Condition: C < C - 1
- Value to Add/Subtract: V

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
manuj
Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:55:15 AM

thanks a lot - how do i access this cumulative indicator? when i click on new - i get 2 options - for PCF condition PCF or indicator PCF. In the indicator PCF - I do not get any option for cumulative

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:07:32 AM

Worden Trainer

It is an indicator. So you would add it to the chart like you would other indicators.

In TC2000 version 12.4, this means you would select Add Plot to Chart (the green + in the upper left of the chart) and choose Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator from the list. If you start to type Custom PCF Cumulative Indicator in the search box, it should bring it to the top of the list rather quickly to make it easier to find and select.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
manuj
Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 3:29:02 PM

thanks i found it. but i ran into another issue now.

i am trying to apply this cumulative indicator to a MACD value. but when i change the datasource of the cumulative indicator and assign it an macd - it does not draw any graph lines. the pane is just empty.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:18:56 AM

Worden Trainer

You are not going to be able to construct this in the current version of TC2000 version 12.4 as the Custom PCF Cumulative indicator will not work correctly if its data source is changed.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
manuj
Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:17:28 AM

ok thanks - can we expect this to be rectified in an upcoming version?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:39:45 AM

Worden Trainer

I do not know when or it it might be corrected. Custom PCF Indicators of any type would require two data sources instead of the single data source used for most indicators in order to calculate as the Personal Criteria Formula Language has syntax for both price and volume.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles