Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

A NEW FORMULA Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
sonel
Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:06:11 PM

Hi,

I would like to have a formula that scans me the stocks (on five min chart) that are below the 10 ma and at the same time that the 10 ma to be below the 21 ma with the following structure: 

1. current stock price < 10ma < 21 ma

2. that shows me only the stocks lower than $30.

3.that  the open price of the current 5 min bar > low of the last 2 (5 min bar)

What I want is a scan that gives me the opportunity to check the stocks ready for a bounce back and then the 10 ma cut the 20 ma again to the upside.

may be you can help me with more complete requisites

thank you 

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 9:20:16 AM

Worden Trainer

Please try the following Condition Formula:

C < AVGC10 AND AVGC10 < AVGC21 AND C < 30 AND MINL2.1 < O

There will be a time frame drop down available when you create or edit the Condition Formula. You will want to set this to 5-Minute to make the Condition Formula be based on 5 minute bars.

If the moving averages are exponential instead of simple, you can change the AVGCs in the formula to XAVGC instead.

PCF Formula Descriptions
Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
sonel
Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 10:14:02 AM

Thank you Bruce, Could we inclute that daily volume to be more than 400K. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 10:20:38 AM

Worden Trainer

We can kind of do so as part of the Condition Formula. There are 78 x 5-minute bars in a day, so we could do something like the following:

C < AVGC10 AND AVGC10 < AVGC21 AND C < 30 AND MINL2.1 < O AND 78 * AVGV78 > 400000

But this would be checking for the volume over the recent 78 bars and not for the current trading day. This may actually be a better option, but that would be entirely up to you.

If you do want to just check that the volume of the current trading day is more than 400,000 shares, you would need to create a separate daily Condition Formula for this:

V > 400000

And then use both both the original Condition Formula given in my original reply and the daily volume Condition Formula in the same EasyScan. The original Condition Formula would need to be set to a 5-Minute time frame in the EasyScan and the new volume Condition Formula would need to be set to Daily in the EasyScan.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles