Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Scan for stock price that has made a new high in the last 10 days. Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
dr_dent
Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 2:23:48 AM

I am trying to perform a scan that searches for stocks that have made a new high ion the last 10 days.

In my friends charting program the criteria are

Periods to Check=10

Point Type=HighExtreme

PriceValue =HighPrice

How do I perform or write such a scan in TC2000 ?

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 11:26:30 AM

Worden Trainer

I have no idea what the "Point Type=HighExtreme" setting might mean, but the basic concept of how to create such a scan would be to add a Custom PCF % True Indicator to the chart. You would set the Period to 10 (the Periods to Check=10 setting) and the Average Type to Simple. Then you would set the Boolean Formula to a Condition Formula checking for "HighExtreme".

Adding and Moving Indicators

If HighExtreme means a 1 year new high, the Boolean Formula might be something like:

H > MAXH251.1

While if HighExtreme is a swing high where a high has two lower highs on both sides, the Boolean Formula might be something like:

MAXH2 < H2 AND H2 > MAXH2.3

Writing Custom Conditions: The Basics
PCF Formula Descriptions
Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

When the Average Type is set to Simple, the Custom PCF % True Indicator will be greater than 0 if and only if the Boolean Formula was true at least once during the Period set for the Custom PCF % True Indicator. This allows us to click on the Custom PCF % True Indicator and select Create Scan Condition to create a condition to check if there was a "HighExtreme" during the most recent 10 bars by choosing Greater than from the Condition drop-down and setting Greater Than to 0.

Create Conditions from Your Chart

We can then click on Scan in New Window to create a scan based on this condition.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles