Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

FOREX Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Skyla777
Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:31:07 AM

1. are there any specific indicators or tutorials for FX traders?

2, I use RSI and MACD for FX; I am having trouble with the MACD levels as numbers do not show off to the right ie 0.0001 , -.0005 etc  I really need that to show somehow

3. Is there anyway to get help to write a PCF of scan that is complicatred, I know it is beyond me!

4. IS there a ruler that measures pips not just percentages

Thank you very much, below is my Meta 4 chart that has those macd levels and histo levels I a trying to achieve on TC2000 

http://screencast.com/t/SqQHQYFay

Skyla777
Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:35:00 AM

HI, I posted the question above a few days ago with no response, is this noraml lag time?

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 12:17:13 PM

Worden Trainer

We do not have any FOREX specific tutorials.

There is no way to force the MACD and MACD Histogram indicators to display more than 2 digits past the decimal point.

You might want to consider trying the PPO and PPO Histogram indicators instead as the PPO represents a percent difference instead of a net difference. This has the added bonus of creating a value which is directly comparable between symbols.

Another possible option would be to create the MACD and MACD Histogram indicators using Custom PCF Indicators. While the scale would still be limited to 2 digits past the decimal point, we could multiply the values by some arbitrary factor to values large enough to display as something other than zero.

You can post any formula requests in the forums and we will do our best to help you create the formula of interest. That said, creating the formula may or may not be possible, and even if it is theoretically possible, the resulting formula may end up being too long and slow to be practical or post in the forums.

Underneath the ruler there should be %, N and $. The N will show a net change instead of a percent change.

I was on vacation from Friday, November 8, 2013 through Sunday, November 17, 2013. While most questions were answered by somebody else in my absence and while I did log in and answer a limited number of questions during my vacation, some questions could not be answered until I came back.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles