Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

PCF Condition Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
cbynum
Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 11:35:17 AM
if u can help me i want to create acondition
1.gap down 5min
2.and then going down and start to fix and is leaving narrow candl on the vwap
it can be shooting star doji 
all this in 5min
and i want the opposit
gap up going up and the fix going dowon and stopiing on the vwap with aarrow candle
it can be around the vwap

-ronen vistanezky 
Ronenv75
Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:03:44 PM

olso iwant to create bull flag and bear flag in 5 min

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:04:39 PM

Worden Trainer

I do not understand the descriptions provided and need additional clarification as to you actual intent.

By "gap down", do you mean that the open of the 5-minute candle of interest is below the close of the previous 5-minute candle?

What specifically do you mean by "start to fix"?

By "narrow candle" do you mean that the body of the candle is narrow relative to the entire candle, that the candle as a whole is narrow compared to other candles or something else entirely?

Note that there is no way to tell if a particular 5-minute price bar is on the VWAP in the Personal Criteria Formula Language, but we might be able to use an EasyScan combining a Condition Formula for the other requirements along with chart based conditions to identify if the current candle meets all of the requirements.

Does the VWAP need to intersect the body, intersect the any part of the candle at all or something else entirely to be considered "on the VWAP"?

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:14:22 PM

ok iwill try to make it more clear

gap down is that the stock opend in gap down the first candle of the day is gap down

start to fix imean that the price start to go up if its gap down and if its gup up start to go down

narrow imean candle is narrow relative to the body

on the vwap i want that the candle intersect any part of the candle

thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:50:56 PM

Worden Trainer

So in the gap up version you would want most of the day prior to the 5-minute candle of interest to be above the open?

What percentage of the total range of the day so far can be below the open if any?

Does the 5-minute candle of interest need to be near the bottom of the range of the day so far, or is the only requirement for the 5-minute candle of interest be intersected by the VWAP?

How narrow does the body need to be relative to the rest of the candle? Less than 50%, less than 25%, less than 10%, less than 5%?

I'm asking these questions because we will need to create multiple conditions and combine them in an EasyScan if are to have any chance if identifying the candles of interest.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions

To check for the gap up we will need to use a Daily Condition Formula:

C1 < O

Writing Custom Conditions: The Basics
PCF Formula Descriptions
Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

The continuation of the gap up and eventual retracement will also be handlesd with a Daily Condition Formula. For example if price cannot have dropped below the open at any point this day and the close needs to be in the bottom half of the range so far, we might use:

C1 < O AND L = O AND C - L < .5 * (H - L)  

To check for the current 5-minute candle intersection with VWAP, we will add Donchian Channels with a Period of 1 and an Offset of 0 to Price on a 5-minute chart.

Adding and Moving Indicators

Then we will click on VWAP and select Create Scan Condition to make sure it is below the Donchian Channel Top and create another condition to make sure VWAP is above the Donchian Channel Bottom.

Create Conditions from Your Chart

If the body of the 5-minute candle of interest needs to be below a certain percent of the total range of that candle, we can create a 5-Minute Condition Formula to check for the requirement. For example if the body needs to be less than 10% of the entire range of the candle, we could use:

ABS(O - C) <= .1 * (H - L)

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 2:39:11 PM

first i want to thank u for helping me im not a us citizen so its alitlbite hard to explain for me

so thank u for your patiant

for the gap up and the gap down what i mean is astock that open the day with agap it can be gap up for the gap up version and gap down for the gap down version.it doesnt matter the % only that its in agap from yesterday.

5 minute candel can be near the bottom of the rangeof the day befor he start to move up

and for the up version he can be near the top af the range of the day

the candle can be atleast 30% smaller the the ather its like adoji or shooting star or hammer

Ronenv75
Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 2:47:07 PM

somthing like this and the line is the vwap

Ronenv75
Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 2:48:33 PM

somthing like this for the gap up version and the linr is the vwap

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:01:28 PM

Worden Trainer

I think about the closest I am going to be able to come to the daily formula for the gap up will be:

C1 < O AND O < C AND C < H

With the daily formula for the gap down being:

C1 > O AND O > C AND C > L

You will use the Gap Up formula from above in an EasyScan for identifying the Gap Up version of your requiremants and use the Gap Down formula in its own EasyScan for identifyng the Gap Down version of your requirements.

The Time Frame of both of the above formula is Daily, but you will need to set the time frame of the next formula to 5-Minutes. You will use the same 5-Minute Formula for both the Gap Up and Gap Down EasyScans:

ABS(O - C) < .3 * (H - L)

You will also need to create the two conditions with 5-Minute Time Frames for the VWAP being below the Donchian Channel Top and above the Donchian Channel Bottom as described in my previous post. Both of these conditions need to be included in both EasyScans as well.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 5:06:39 PM

i tried it know but it doesnt what ineed

can u look at the 2 pictures i sent u

pull back sell and the pull back bay this is what i need the line in the pic will be the vwap

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:04:24 AM

Worden Trainer

Unfortunately, while it is possible to see if VWAP intersects the current 5-minute price bar, there isn't a way to see if the all of the price bars prior to current bar in the day so far are above VWAP or below VWAP.

This means the technique cannot be used to absolutely identify symbols meeting your requirements. It can only be used as filter to limit the number of stocks you need to go through to find symbols meeting your requirements.

I am currently running the EasyScan with just the daily Gap Up Condition Formula and the two Conditions that check if VWAP intersects the current 5-minute bar. There are 79 symbols meeting the requirements of the EasyScan. I'm guessing about 15% of those symbols "look like" the Pullback Buy image. Most of the rest had already crossed down through the VWAP at some point earlier in the day.

The later it is in the day, the more like that there will have been a previous cross of the VWAP earlier in the day.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:28:26 AM

can u show me how to write it becouse i do scan and get no resolts

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:37:14 AM

Worden Trainer

I've sent both EasyScans to your copy of TC2000 version 12.3 using TCMail. You should be able to select More | Old Items | TCMail to bring up TCMail in TC2000 version 12.3 and click on the attachments to open them in the program.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:54:35 AM

i checked its empty . i will wait alitelbit

Ronenv75
Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 12:09:23 PM

there is no attachment . inbox empty

Ronenv75
Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:33:33 PM

bruce i didnt get it

Ronenv75
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 10:38:18 AM

hey bruce can u right for me the pcf becouse i didnt get it my inbox is empty

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:08:37 AM

Worden Trainer

The daily Condition Formula for the gap up version is just:

C1 < O AND O < C AND C < H

While the daily Condition Formula for the gap down version is just:

C1 > O AND O > C AND C > L

Each of the above Condition Formulas need to be included in their own EasyScans. If they are used in the same EasyScan, it will not return any symbols as they are mutually exclusive and cannot both return true at the same time.

The version that I was testing does not have any 5-minute Condition Formulas in the EasyScans, but each EasyScan has the same two 5-minute conditions which are created without using formulas as EasyScan Conditions in addition to the daily Condition Formula in the EasyScan.

The two conditions are created by adding Donchian Channels to a 5-minute chart and adjusting the settings as follows:

- Period: 1
- Offset: 0
- Based On: High and Low

Click on Price History and select Create Scan Condition and choose Above Chan Bottom in the Price History versus Donchian Channels 1 section to create the first of these conditions.

Click on Price History and select Create Scan Condition and choose Below Chan Top in the Price History versus Donchian Channels 1 section to create the second of these conditions.

The following video explores how to create conditions this way:

Create Conditions from Your Chart

And the following video explores how to create EasyScans with multiple conditions. Each of our two EasyScans has three EasyScan Conditions. One of the three is a daily condition which is different in each EasyScan and the other two are five minute conditions which are the same for both EasyScans.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions

I apologize that I have not been able to successfully send you a TCMail with the EasyScans already created. I am working on seeing if there is a way to do so, but do not know for sure if I will be able to do so.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:16:24 AM

Worden Trainer

It looks like an email with the attachments has been successfully sent to your TCMail.

Keep in mind that the EasyScans do not check to see if the VWAP intersected the price bar earlier in the day as there is no way to do so.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:52:01 AM

i see it in my mail .i try it it dosent give me resolts

how can i save it?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:59:55 AM

Worden Trainer

Try clicking on the Edit tab of the EasyScan and changing the List to Scan to US Common Stocks in both EasyScans. I am currently getting 23 items in Pullback Buy EasyScan and 29 items in the Pullback Sell EasyScan. This number will change over time with a new bar starting to form every five minutes throughout the trading day.

You should be able to click the Save Scan icon (it looks like a floppy disk) near the upper right corner of the EasyScan to save it.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:19:43 PM

now it gives it good i am ok with it thanks 

now can u help me to right another pcf like the pic

Ronenv75
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:20:30 PM

and olso the oposite like this

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:23:59 PM

Worden Trainer

It depends to a great extent on the actual definitions you want to use to replicate the images. That is why the first step is to come up with a good definition of what you are trying to identify. You need something beyond "it looks like this".

For example, if you need the close increase for 4 bars in a row followed by 4 additional bars with closing values all within the top 25% of the range of the entire 9 bar pattern for a high base breakout, you might use a Condition Formula such as the following:

C - MINL9 > .75 * (MAXH9 - MINL9) AND C1 - MINL9 > .75 * (MAXH9 - MINL9) AND C2 - MINL9 > .75 * (MAXH9 - MINL9) AND C3 - MINL9 > .75 * (MAXH9 - MINL9) AND C4 - MINL9 > .75 * (MAXH9 - MINL9) AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7 AND C7 > C8

With the inverse being the following for a low base breakdown:

C - MINL9 < .25 * (MAXH9 - MINL9) AND C1 - MINL9 < .25 * (MAXH9 - MINL9) AND C2 - MINL9 < .25 * (MAXH9 - MINL9) AND C3 - MINL9 < .25 * (MAXH9 - MINL9) AND C4 - MINL9 < .25 * (MAXH9 - MINL9) AND C4 < C5 AND C5 < C6 AND C6 < C7 AND C7 < C8

But if you had different objective definitions for the patterns, you would need different formulas. Do you have specific definitions in mind?

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:34:29 PM

ok i understand what u say i will try to define

it can be from 2bars to 6 bars that the top price is olmost the same

and for the befor it can be like in the pic or even oe big bar

and the same for the oposite for the down trend

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:58:10 PM

Worden Trainer

Do the 2 to 6 bars need to be within a specific percent range of each other? Or possibly a certain percentage of the range of the move prior to the consolidation?

How do you wish to define the move? Does it need to be at least a certain percent change? If so, over what maximum number of bars would this percent change need to occur (we would need to define a number, it cannot be an unlimited number of bars)?

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:10:32 PM

the 2-6 bars whith consolidation i want that they will the same price max 4 cents difrent

max bars for the move can be 6 and 2-6 for consolidation u can difine the move that the close of bar is biger then open of bar befor or percent if u think its better

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:48:05 PM

Worden Trainer

If you just want to check that the close is above the open on a bar prior to 2 to 6 bars closing with 4 cents of each, you could use:

(MAXC2 - MINC2 < .045 AND C2 > O2) OR (MAXC3 - MINC3 < .045 AND C3 > O3) OR (MAXC4 - MINC4 < .045 AND C4 > O4) OR (MAXC5 - MINC5 < .045 AND C5 > O5) OR (MAXC6 - MINC6 < .045 AND C6 > O6)

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:19:22 PM

no like this i want like the pic i sent u in the same order 

it can be one big bar or 2-6 bars the going up and the consollidation of 2-6 bars that they in the same price and body the low range max 4 cent difrent

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:26:15 PM

Worden Trainer

Let's keep concentrating on the high base breakout. If I'm understanding what you want correctly (which is not guaranteed), it needs to end with 2-6 bars in a row where the tops of all of the the bodies all match and the bottoms of the bodies all match.

For just 2-bars this would be:

(O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O1 + C1 + ABS(O1 - C1)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O1 - C1)

Adding that the lows of all of both bars are within 4 cents of each other can be added as:

(O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O1 + C1 + ABS(O1 - C1)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O1 - C1) AND MAXL2 - MINL2 < .045

Note that until we add the move up, this condition will detect any consolidation meeting the requirements that is at least 2 bars long because if it is true 3 bars in a row, it is also true 2 bars in a row.

Now we need to decide what constitutes a move up. If we require price to have increased at least 0.5% from the low of the most recent six bars to the top of the conolidation bars and that the high of those 6 bars be below the top of the consolidation bodies, our 2 bar formula would become:

(O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O1 + C1 + ABS(O1 - C1)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O1 - C1) AND MAXL2 - MINL2 < .045 AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2 >= 1.005 * MINL6.2 AND MAXH6.2 < (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2

Note that this is incredibly restrictive and is not currently true for more than a few symbols in the US Common Stocks WatchList on a daily chart. Expanding this from just being for 2 bars to being for 2-6 bars dramatically increases the size of the formula without producing too many additional results.

(O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O1 + C1 + ABS(O1 - C1)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O1 - C1) AND ((MAXL2 - MINL2 < .045 AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2 >= 1.005 * MINL6.2 AND MAXH6.2 < (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2) OR ((O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O2 + C2 + ABS(O2 - C2)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O2 - C2) AND MAXL3 - MINL3 < .045 AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2 >= 1.005 * MINL6.3 AND MAXH6.3 < (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2) OR ((O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O2 + C2 + ABS(O2 - C2)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O2 - C2) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O3 + C3 + ABS(O3 - C3)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O3 - C3) AND MAXL4 - MINL4 < .045 AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2 >= 1.005 * MINL6.4 AND MAXH6.4 < (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2) OR ((O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O2 + C2 + ABS(O2 - C2)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O2 - C2) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O3 + C3 + ABS(O3 - C3)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O3 - C3) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O4 + C4 + ABS(O4 - C4)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O4 - C4) AND MAXL5 - MINL5 < .045 AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2 >= 1.005 * MINL6.5 AND MAXH6.5 < (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2) OR ((O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O2 + C2 + ABS(O2 - C2)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O2 - C2) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O3 + C3 + ABS(O3 - C3)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O3 - C3) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O4 + C4 + ABS(O4 - C4)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O4 - C4) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O5 + C5 + ABS(O5 - C5)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O5 - C5) AND MAXL6 - MINL6 < .045 AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2 >= 1.005 * MINL6.6 AND MAXH6.6 < (O + C + ABS(O - C)) / 2))

We can work on the Low Base Breakdown once we have settled on a working definition of the High Base Breakout.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 9:09:49 AM

thanks bruce for understanding me

the frmula is daily?

becouse i need it intraday

i think 2 bars max 3 its enafh for the move up it ok what u did 

i will try it 

just tell me if its works for untrady aswell

Ronenv75
Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 10:23:38 AM

i chek the formula and it gives me all the ded stocks if u understand me stock that all day at the same price

there is somthing to do to impruve it?

Ronenv75
Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 10:40:52 AM

look today at met that symbol she did high base in 5 min or 2 min around 10 oclock

Ronenv75
Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 10:54:38 AM

hey bruse

can u rgiht the the pcf for the low base breakdown like u didi on the oposit

thanks

Ronenv75
Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 2:30:43 PM

some one can help me?

StockGuy
Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 3:22:18 PM

Administration

Bruce is on vacation until Monday the 18th.  He will follow up when he returns.

Ronenv75
Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:06:37 AM

so mabe u can help me i need to write like in this pic

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:35:56 PM

Worden Trainer

The formula is not restricted to a daily time frame. You can set the time frame of a Condition Formula when you create or edit it by using the Time Frame drop-down menu. You can also set the time frame individually for WatchList Columns and EasyScans to allow them to use a different time frame than the formula upon which they are based.

The issue with the "dead stocks" is a result of this being the most likely situation where the tops and bottoms of the bodies of 2-6 bars in a row all match exactly. The results are not restricted to "dead stocks", but there are far more "dead stocks" which meet the requirements than stocks with a body size greater than zero.

We could specifically check for the top of the body to be greater than the body. Another option would be to loosen the restriction that the tops of the bodies in the consolidation bars all match exactly and/or that the bottoms of the bodies in the consolidation bars all match exactly.

The inverse of the long formula in my Thursday, November 07, 2013 4:26:15 PM ET post is:

(O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O1 + C1 + ABS(O1 - C1)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O1 - C1) AND ((MAXH2 - MINH2 < .045 AND (O + C - ABS(O - C)) / 2 <= .995 * MAXH6.2 AND MINL6.2 > (O + C - ABS(O - C)) / 2) OR ((O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O2 + C2 + ABS(O2 - C2)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O2 - C2) AND MAXH3 - MINH3 < .045 AND (O + C - ABS(O - C)) / 2 <= .995 * MAXH6.3 AND MINL6.3 > (O + C - ABS(O - C)) / 2) OR ((O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O2 + C2 + ABS(O2 - C2)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O2 - C2) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O3 + C3 + ABS(O3 - C3)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O3 - C3) AND MAXH4 - MINH4 < .045 AND (O + C - ABS(O - C)) / 2 <= .995 * MAXH6.4 AND MINL6.4 > (O + C - ABS(O - C)) / 2) OR ((O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O2 + C2 + ABS(O2 - C2)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O2 - C2) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O3 + C3 + ABS(O3 - C3)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O3 - C3) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O4 + C4 + ABS(O4 - C4)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O4 - C4) AND MAXH5 - MINH5 < .045 AND (O + C - ABS(O - C)) / 2 <= .995 * MAXH6.5 AND MINL6.5 > (O + C - ABS(O - C)) / 2) OR ((O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O2 + C2 + ABS(O2 - C2)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O2 - C2) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O3 + C3 + ABS(O3 - C3)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O3 - C3) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O4 + C4 + ABS(O4 - C4)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O4 - C4) AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O5 + C5 + ABS(O5 - C5)) AND ABS(O - C) = ABS(O5 - C5) AND MAXH6 - MINH6 < .045 AND (O + C - ABS(O - C)) / 2 <= .995 * MAXH6.6 AND MINL6.6 > (O + C - ABS(O - C)) / 2))

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Ronenv75
Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:24:30 AM

u know i didnt thout it can be very hard to make a pcf like i want but now isee that its hard.

u have to understang i am looking for apattrn that happens during the trade of astock

like the high base breakdown or the opposit it happens alot each day and its makes money

iand i want to make apcf that can help me find it .but yet didnt succed

how can i help u to help me to make the pic to a pcf that i will use?

becouse until now it doesnt helping me 

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:33:13 AM

Worden Trainer

We can't convert a picture or subjective description into a Personal Criteria Formula as the trainers can't give setting, interpretation or investment advice. You must have a specific subjective unambiguous definition on which to base a condition formula. That definition must come from you. It is the very first step in developing a scan.

The current definition being used is based on your Thursday, November 07, 2013 3:19:22 PM ET post. The core of the definition is that the most recent 2-6 bars need to have have bodies that match. The open and close can switch places as the top and bottom of the bodies, but the tops of the bodies must line up exactly and the bottoms of bodies must line up exactly.

This core requirement is quite restrictive and is why there aren't many results. It is also why a significant portion of the results end up being bars with zero range.

A looser and/or simpler definition might be better in that it would return more results and allow you to filter the remaining symbols on your own in a more subjective fashion.

I'm not suggesting this is what you would want, but you could for example check for a positive 12-period linear regression slope where the open does not equal the close for the current bar, the tops of the bodies of the two most recent bars match exactly with the tops of the bodies of the most recent six bars being no higher than the tops of the bodies of the two most recent bars as:

11 * (C - C11) + 9 * (C1 - C10) + 7 * (C2 - C9) + 5 * (C3 - C8) + 3 * (C4 - C7) + C5 > C6 AND O <> C AND (O + C + ABS(O - C)) = (O1 + C1 + ABS(O1 - C1)) AND (MAXO2 + MAXC2 + ABS(MAXO2 - MAXC2)) = (MAXO6 + MAXC6 + ABS(MAXO6 - MAXC6))

No restrictions are included about the bottoms of the bodies. There are no restrictions about the lows of the bars being within 4 cents of each other. It only checks the two most recent bars and doesn't make individual checks for 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 bars. There are no specific checks for how much price inceased before the tops of the bodies were the same, just that there is a general upward trend in closing prices over 12 bars.

This returns a lot more symbols than the more restrictive version. Lots of these symbols are probably not going to look like what you want, but it is more likely that the list which is returned will include symbols of interest if you scroll through the list and look at the stocks which are in the list.

You can try to the formula and see how it works, but the formula itself is not the point of my post. My points are that you need to define your own specific requirements to create a scan (we can't do it for you) and that you may be better off with a looser definition which returns some stocks you don't want than to have a definition which is too restrictive and eleminates stocks you might want. This allows your eyes to make the final determination.

The inverse of the above formula could be written as:

11 * (C - C11) + 9 * (C1 - C10) + 7 * (C2 - C9) + 5 * (C3 - C8) + 3 * (C4 - C7) + C5 < C6 AND O <> C AND (O + C - ABS(O - C)) = (O1 + C1 - ABS(O1 - C1)) AND (MINO2 + MINC2 - ABS(MINO2 - MINC2)) = (MINO6 + MINC6 - ABS(MINO6 - MINC6))

That said, you will probably be better off coming up with your own objective requirements so we can go from there.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles