Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

6 day or so accumulation formula Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
elsners
Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:29:02 PM

Does anyone know how to set up a scan for an accumulation?  I saw it in the sf seminar but I am lost now.

Julia_O
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 9:47:43 AM

Worden Trainer

Do you remember the indicator that was used in the class example to which you refer?  Was it BOP - or some other indicator?

Thanks!

Julia

elsners
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 12:10:38 PM

Hi Julia

I enjoyed your teaching very much .It opened up a lot on the software I didnt know and I've been learning a lot now after your Visualization. I like that you talk fast ,it keeps me alert.

As to the indicator, I dont remember, But I now have  a scan set up for pull-back and POP as per the tutorial. 

You showed us how to set up a scan for an accumulation of 6 days . I am very interested in that scan.

I have notes hear but I cant read them too well. I also was interested in the number for the margin ratio, than is being used in the market today and in history --the chart ?

Julia_O
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 3:52:57 PM

Worden Trainer

Hi elsners,

Glad you found the training to be a good experience and so happy to hear that it expanded your view/use of TC2000!

I think you're referring to the consolidation scan we created together using the Bollinger Bandwidth indicator.  

1. Plot the Bollinger Bandwidth Indicator

2. Edit to set its period to 6

3. Then create three scan conditions - 1. Bollinger Bandwidth Less Than .03     2. Bollinger Bandwidth at New Low over the last 20 bars      3. Bollinger Bandwidth Moving Down Smart (then decide how quickly you want it moving down)

As for information on Margin activity, you can google "Margin Debt levels" and you'll find some pretty good articles.  I don't have access to a plot of historical levels.

Hope that helps-

Julia

elsners
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 4:37:08 PM

Thanks I'll try that one

Margin level in your seminar had been at almost 100% but recently your graph showed it shrinking to almost zero , if I remeber. there was a number like a sub industry number, but not that Like ( mg124) not that ,  but another number. I can see it very clearly in my mind. Leads me to think the run up might be ending, for a bit anyway. It was attached to the spy or spx possibly

elsners
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 5:02:47 PM

I'm stuck at (chan top greater than ) can you paste an image of the scan condition? do I need platinum?

Julia_O
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 5:10:23 PM

Worden Trainer

You don't need Platinum.  You shouldn't be using the Bollinger Band indicator.  You should be using the Bollinger Bandwidth indicator.... that's probably the issue.

Julia

Julia_O
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 5:12:29 PM

Worden Trainer

Also, I think you're referring to a plot I added as a comparison to the S&P500 chart - it was called T2107 (% of Stocks above their 200 price moving average).

Julia

elsners
Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 5:36:31 PM

Yes Thanks it was the 200 day t2107,looks like it was telling us something.