Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Drawing R/R Lines - Multiple Horizontal Lines Equal Distance Apart - Quick Method? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
neil.galloway
Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:43:08 PM

I use an exit strategy that works using multiples of the risk/reward multiples.

For example, I set a stop loss and my entry price - stop price dictates my risk.  I then draw lines in multiples up from there.  If my risk was 50 cents and I purchased at $4.33, then I draw lines at $4.83, $5.33, $5,83, and so on.  I adjust my stop based on rules I use when it crosses various lines.

I know some trading softare allows you to draw this very quickly...you just click on the entry price and drag down to the stop price and it auto draws all the R/R lines above it going all the way up.

Is there a similar method to get this in TC2000?  The Fibonacci Retracement exhibits the exact workflow I'm wanting, I just want to draw the lines in a different manner. 

Currently, I have to put each horizontal line on myself...click on the line and edit the price to get it spot on and then repeat.  Takes a short time...but still kind of annoying.  Fibonacci would also allow me to draw it and then edit it to set each line to exactly the value I want which is still a bit annoying.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:55:15 PM

Worden Trainer

There is not a quick and easy way to do this currently. Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles