Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How to tell when 2 created Indicators cross? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
TomTerrific
Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:09:44 PM

I have created 2 new indicators (with formulas) and I am trying to create an easy scan to tell when they cross (these indicators are plotted on the same chart).  I select one of the new indicators and press the "new scan" button.  What comes up is I can either compare by value or with price and NO comparison with the other indicator.  Is what I'm trying to do possible?  I would think it should be since I can compare 2 different moving averages to tell when they cross.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:25:08 PM

Worden Trainer

The Custom PCF Indicators need to be in the same pane and scale (not just the same chart) to be able to click on one and select Create Scan Condition to create a Condition comparing the two indicators.

You should be able to add one of the indicators as normal and then click on that indicator and select Plot New Indicator Here... to select and add the second indicator to the same pane. You will need to choose to scale the second indicator with the first indicator when prompted to get it into the same scale as well.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
TomTerrific
Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:40:31 PM

Thank you Bruce.

massey1134
Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:18:04 PM

In setting up an indicator the name is not shown but the formula is. For Example:-

Indicator named " MACD crossing down"

Formulae: H * ABS(XAVGC12 - XAVGC26 < XAVG(XAVGC12,9) - XAVG(XAVGC26,9) AND XAVGC12.1 - XAVGC26.1 >= XAVG(XAVGC12.1,9) - XAVG(XAVGC26.1,9))

Underneath the chart I would expect to see  the given name "MACD crossing Down" but no I get the formulae written out as follows: (H * ABS(XAVGC12 - XAVGC26 < XAVG(XAVGC12...) It does not happen where "System Indicators" are displayed only where "My Indicators (Formulas)" are used.

res2946
Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:58:23 PM

I need a custom pcf, which is  10day exponential moving average. Can anyone help?

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:21:06 AM

Worden Trainer

QUOTE (res2946)
I need a custom pcf, which is  10day exponential moving average. Can anyone help?

An Indicator Formula for a 10-Period Exponential Moving Average of Closing Prices could be written as:

XAVGC10

PCF Formula Descriptions
Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

QUOTE (massey1134)
In setting up an indicator the name is not shown but the formula is. For Example:-

Indicator named " MACD crossing down"

Formulae: H * ABS(XAVGC12 - XAVGC26 < XAVG(XAVGC12,9) - XAVG(XAVGC26,9) AND XAVGC12.1 - XAVGC26.1 >= XAVG(XAVGC12.1,9) - XAVG(XAVGC26.1,9))

Underneath the chart I would expect to see  the given name "MACD crossing Down" but no I get the formulae written out as follows: (H * ABS(XAVGC12 - XAVGC26 < XAVG(XAVGC12...) It does not happen where "System Indicators" are displayed only where "My Indicators (Formulas)" are used.

The default label for a Custom PCF Indicator is the formula being displayed (or at least the first part of the formula if it is too long for the label). You can change this by clicking on the Custom PCF Indicator and select Edit. There will be a Label setting in the Edit Formula window. If this is not blank, this label will be displayed instead of the formula.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles