Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Creating Multiple screen Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rdflori
Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:44:14 PM

I'm new to your screening methods and I would appreciate your help.

I would like to screen a watchlist for several indicators at the same time if possible. Here is an example:

MACD crossing above its moving average today OR yesterday and

DI+ crossing above DI- today OR yesterday

I'm not sure, but I think "an OR" cannot be used. I'd be very interested to see how you would set up this screen.

Thanks.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 1:53:55 PM

Worden Trainer

EasyScans do not have any built in OR capability. An EasyScan always ANDs its EasyScan Condition and only returns symbols which return true for all of the EasyScan Conditions in the EasyScan. If the MACD needs to be still above its moving average today and the DI+ needs to still be above DI- today, it might be possible to do so anyway.

Add a MACD Histogram to the chart and adjust its settings as desired. Then add the following Custom PCF Indicator to the chart as well.

- Period: ?
- Average Type: Exponential
- Formula: (H - H1) * (H - H1 > L1 - L) * (H > H1) - (L1 - L) * (H - H1 < L1 - L) * (L < L1)

You will want to multiply the period of your +DI/-DI indicator by two and then subtract one to get the period to use in the Custom PCF Indicator.

You can then click on the MACD Histogram and Custom PCF Indicator and select Create Scan Condition to create Conditions for being above zero.

Creating Scan and Sort Conditions

Now add 1-Period Simple Moving Averages with an Offset of 2 to the MACD Histogram and Custom PCF Indicator. Then click on the moving averages and select Create Scan Condition to create Conditions for the offset moving averages being below zero.

Then add all four Conditions to the same EasyScan as EasyScan Conditions.

EasyScan Basics
EasyScan Expanded

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles