Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Feature Request - Print or Export personal note Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
lowell69
Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:03:32 PM

Please look at adding a print or export feature to the Notes so that personal entries we have made can be used outside of TC2012. The date, title, and text only would be fine but to be useful it must print or export a range of notes into a single pdf or text file. Exporting them one at a time would work but is a nuisance.

Getting any charts out of the notes would be nice but since I use screen prints to save charts to an image file this is not important to me. I use the screen prints because the last time I tried the charts I add to the notes usually come out pretty fuzzy and not very readable. 

This request is because I am looking at using the Notes in TC2012 as part of my Trading Journal and having certain data available right next to the charts is great. BUT the Notes seem to only allow you to enter data - and never get it out. The ultimage data silo. This is fatal for any recording system. And I am not entering data twice. Would you use Microsoft Word if they only allowed you to enter text and never to print or export it? These personal notes are MY data and not Wordens. If you won't give me my data back I will not waste my time entering it.

A very poor work around I could use is a kludge using a screen print to save images of my notes over whatever length of time I can get visible on the screen. Probably not good enough to work with.

Thanks for any help. I tried looking around for any email to make a direct feature request but could not find it so I added it in this discussion area. If I've overlooked some simple solution thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:07:51 PM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 9008.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles