Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TSV and ROC in one chart Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
leilaywells
Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:25:43 AM

Hi,

I'd like to have a chart showing the TSV, say for 24 periods.  I'd like to have the ROC based on the TSV (not on price) for say 12 periods.  My question is not about the periods, that is easy to change; but, how do I know that when I add an indicator to a charge I'm already creating (the TSV is there first), that the indicator (the ROC) will be based on the TSV instead of the price?

Thanks,

Leila

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 8:41:29 AM

Worden Trainer

It is not possible to add either of the Rate of Change indicators to TSV as child indicators.

If you click on Add Indicator at the top of the screen, any indicator which can be calculated based on anything besides price and volume will ask you to choose the indicator to which you want to apply it if there is more than one indicator to which it could be applied already on the chart.

These indicators are currently:

Bollinger Bands
Donchian Channels
Envelope Channel
Keltner Channels
Linear Regression Line
Moving Average
Moving Linear Regression
Time Series Forecast

All of the other indicators are either parent indicators or child indicators which will always be based on the same parent(s).

What you could do is create a Indicator Formula for the 12-Period Rate of Change (Net) in TSV24 and use it as the formula in a Custom PCF Indicator. If the TSV is simple:

TSV24 - TSV24.12

If the TSV is exponential:

XAVG(TSV,24) - XAVG(TSV1.12,24)

PCF Formula Descriptions
Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles