Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

empty area on right of chart Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
leilaywells
Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 10:27:22 AM

I must have accidentally fiddled with something because now I have a blank area on the right side of my charts.  Above this empty area is a solid line that is a couple centimeters wide.

I remember seeing in a webinar that the area can be put there intentionally so that one could draw trend lines and see more easily where they end up... or at what price.  I just can't figure out how to get rid of this since I don't need this area right now.

Leila

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 10:45:23 AM

Worden Trainer

At the bottom of the right end of the available prices there should be a little triangle pointing up. You can left-click and drag on this triangle to increase or decrease blank area to the right of the charts without any prices.

If you put your mouse pointer directly above this arrow it should display a vertical dashed line indicating where the blank area to the right of prices starts. You can also left-click and drag on the dashed line instead of the triangle to increase or decrease the size of the blank area.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
leilaywells
Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 10:57:43 AM

I saw that I could drag like that and it does change the chart... but not like I'm thinking it should.  For example, if I click above the left triangle and move it to the right (to "close" the space), it just ends up covering that bar at the top and the red number that's underneath it.  I'm also wondering what that red number is.

I happen to be looking at HNR and for that stock, that red number has a value of -5677.41.  When I move the chart right-side to the right, that value gets overlapped with the chart data.

Also, if I try to move the dotted line (that appears when I hover near the triangles) by the bottom -- UP, it just squooshes my chart to be really flat.

So - is getting rid of this area a matter of moving the trianges... or moving the dotted line that appears... or toggling something else off?

Thanks again,

Leila

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 11:24:09 AM

Worden Trainer

There are three triangles with three associated dashed lines.

There are two triangle pointing to the left at the top and bottom of the price range. The dashed lines associated with these two triangles will be horizontal. A left-click and drag on either the triangles or the dashed lines will allow to increase or decrease the amount of blank space above and below the price area on the chart.

There is one triangle at the bottom of the change which points up. the dashed line associated with this triangle will be vertical. A left-click and drag on either the triangel or the dashed line will allow you to increase or decrease the amount of blank space to the right of the price area on the chart.

Add forecast space to the chart

What the various numbers along the right side of the chart (both in the scale itself and the number above and below the scale) will vary depending on the scaling options selected.

Scaling Options and Tools

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
leilaywells
Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 12:11:00 PM

I think we had a misunderstanding about the numbers that were appearing.  (I say that because you suggested I look at the scaling video.  Thanks, but it was slightly different than what I need.

The number that I'm referring to is a red number (presumably because it is negative on my chart).  It appears to the LEFT of the scale... and actually ON the chart.  Well, actually, it is in the top of the forecasting area.  That's the number that gets covered up  (I watched both videos you suggested and I didn't see a number appearing on the top part of the forecast area on either of them.)

I did look at the short video about putting in the space for forecasting.  Thank-you.  That was helpful for understanding how it can be done above, below, or to the right of a chart.

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 12:47:20 PM

Worden Trainer

Normally I would think the red numbers in the upper right hand corner of the the chart would be Today's Net and Percent Change. I cannot think of a reason why a number with such a large magnitude (-5677.41) would be anywhere on a chart for HNR or why adjusting the forecast space would cover the number up. I have no idea what it might be.

Please contact technical support.

All e-mail communication sent to support@worden.com during business hours (Monday through Friday 9AM-11PM and Saturday and Sunday 9AM-3PM ET) should be answered within 20 minutes of arrival.

For an even quicker response to tech support questions, we recommend calling our voice line at (919) 408-0542 (there is no phone support on Sundays, some Market Holidays or after 9PM ET on weekdays).

You can also contact us using Live Chat Support during business hours.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles