Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Wil%R 13 Crossing Stochastic 13 %K 3 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
zzzap
Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:58:51 AM

I am unable to create the following scan formula....Can you help, please?

Wil%R 13

Crossing

Stochastic 13 %K 3

To the upside, and to the downside...
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:15:01 AM

Worden Trainer

They aren't ever going to cross as Williams %R runs from -100 to 0 while Stochastics runs from 0 to 100.

That said, Williams %R is just Stochastics -100, so you can just add a 3-Period Moving Average to Williams %R indicator to plot where Stochastics 13,3 would be compared to Williams %R if they were plotted on the same scale.

You can then click on the Williams %R indicator and select Create Scan Condition to create a Condition for Williams %R Crossing Down Moving Average 3 or Williams %R Crossing Up Moving Average 3.

Creating Scan and Sort Conditions

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
zzzap
Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:05:00 PM

Bruce...

Sorry for being "old and dense".....

It works on the graph...see screenshot...

http://screencast.com/t/X5dxbmW4M

But, I require your assistance to specify the formula...

AEN

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:23:33 PM

Worden Trainer

I am aware that they can visually appear to cross even though the values do not actually cross when plotted in the same pane. Everything beyond the first sentence in my original response explains how to create a Condition for detecting such visual crossovers without using any formulas at all. Repeated in line item form these instructions would be:

- Add a 3-Period Moving Average to the 13-Period Williams %R to re-create the Stochastic 13,3 %K in the same scale as the %R.

- Click on the Williams %R and select Create Scan Condition.

- Choose Williams %R Crossing Down Moving Average 3 or Williamns %R Crossing Up Moving Average 3 from the list of Conditions.

I linked to a video on how to implement the technique in general in my first response. This technique is easier to do than creating a Condition Formula and the resulting Condition will be more efficient than a Condition Formula.

A Condition Formula for a 13-Period Williams %R crossing up through its own 3-Period Simple Moving Average (which is the same as a 13-Period Williams %R visually crossing up through a Simple Stochastic 13,3 %K) could be written as:

STOC13 > STOC13.3 AND STOC13.1.1 <= STOC13.3.1

While a Condition Formula for a 13-Period Williams %R crossing down through its own 3-Period Simple Moving Average could be written as:

STOC13 < STOC13.3 AND STOC13.1.1 >= STOC13.3.1

Understanding Stochastics

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
zzzap
Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:06:21 PM

Bruce...

You have been clear, but I am still not able to make it work.

Is it possible to have a short guidance by telephone.

Despite being Platinum, I would be willing to pay...This is an important formula for my kind of trading...

Tnx

Allen Nutik

514-989-5038

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:36:35 PM

Worden Trainer

We don't actually offer customer training via phone. That said, technical support should be able to take you through the process over the phone.

You may want to point them to forum topic during the phone call so they can read through the technique used (you will obviously want to call the voice line if you want to talk with tech support on the phone).

All e-mail communication sent to support@worden.com during business hours (Monday through Friday 9AM-11PM and Saturday and Sunday 9AM-3PM ET) should be answered within 20 minutes of arrival.

For an even quicker response to tech support questions, we recommend calling our voice line at (919) 408-0542 (there is no phone support on Sundays, some Market Holidays or after 9PM ET on weekdays).

You can also contact us using Live Chat Support during business hours.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles