Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How hard is it to do "PCF's"? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jfoster
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 4:20:53 PM
Pardon my ignorance, I'm new to the Telechart thing. I'm sure there's a video or book on the subject. PCF's seem to be a "big deal" around the Telechart community...Do I need a math degree to figure this stuff out? Or do I need to be a computer geek?
paul1307
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 4:37:44 PM
If you'd like to join me in the Trading Technicals club, I can pass you some interesting PCFs and some additional information. We primarily use a voice chat system that is explained on the club home page. We've been working on some interesting ways of tracking stocks and you might be interested. We don't monitor the chat too much, so a PM would be the best way to get my attention.

Regards,

Paul
jfoster
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 4:48:35 PM
OK Paul - got it. Are you "on" in the evenings? (I'm at work right now !)
StockGuy
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 4:49:40 PM

Administration

jfoster,

To avoid confusion, the club paul1307 is talking about is part of the Platinum service level, so don't waste time looking for it.

One of the trainers will follow up here shortly.
jfoster
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 4:49:56 PM
Uh, where is the Trading Technicals club?
jfoster
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 4:50:31 PM
Oh, thanks...
Doug_H
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 5:28:27 PM

Worden Trainer

jfoster:

You're right...there is a lot of buzz in here about PCF's. A PCF is simply a formula you write to create either a custom indicator or a new sort/scan criterion. However, there are many built in indicators, and a ton of built in sort/scan criteria. There are many TeleChart users who never use PCF's, and many others who love to play around with different formulas and techniques.

Bottom line...to get started with TeleChart, you certainly don't need a math degree. And if you decide you like some of the ideas expressed in here, lots of already written PCF's are shared among subscribers here in the forums.

My advice would be to click on the training tab at the top of this page, and view the training videos that you find listed there...they are the ones that cover the basic features of TeleChart, so you can begin to look for stocks, by sorting and scanning.

Then, go to the ProductHelp/Tutorial Videos forum, where you will find about 55 or so additional training videos about a variety of topics.

If you think of a criterion you'd like, and you don't know how to write the PCF, one of the trainers (or often other subscribers) will likely be able to help you, if you're not a math whiz.

And you can post questions in the Ask a Trainer forum anytime you have any questions at all about how to use the program. Hope this helps...and welcome to the TeleChart family!

- Doug
Teaching Online!
jfoster
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 5:31:17 PM
OK cool - thanks for your response Doug. All the support here is quite unlike anything I've ever seen - very cool ! I'll be checking out the videos.
Craig_S
Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 8:14:54 AM

Worden Trainer

Here are some topics/videos to check out...

How to create a Personal Criteria Forumula (PCF)

Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

If you are new to TeleChart READ THIS FIRST!

Constructing more versatile and reusable Personal Criteria Formulas

- Craig
Here to Help!