Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Creating Indicators Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ckacccl
Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 1:52:34 PM

I'm trying to apply an indicator that I've written to the price history indicator,but its reading the data from the main chart when I overlay the two.  Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 2:16:56 PM

Worden Trainer

I don't have any idea what you mean. I need to have specific details as to what you have done, what you expect to happen and what is actually happening to be able to troubleshoot why what is happening isn't what you expect to happen.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
ckacccl
Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 2:29:51 PM

As an example the main chart history is set as QQQ.  I then added the price for symbol indicator as a seperate pane with the symbol TLT.  I then wrote an indicator price.avgc(4)/price.avgc(42) and saved the indicator as TI.  Once I had saved the indicator I tried to apply it to TLT but it does not allow me to do that .  Could the above formula be written so that when you apply it, it would only read TLT or QQQ regardless as to what symbol is acitve in the main price history pane?

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 2:39:24 PM

Worden Trainer

It is not possible to create a RealCode Indicator which can be applied as a child indicator to another indicator.

You would need to create the RealCode Indicator to use the Price for Symbol indicator as its parent from the very beginning.

'|******************************************************************
'|*** StockFinder RealCode Indicator - Version 5.0 www.worden.com 
'|*** Copy and paste this header and code into StockFinder *********
'|*** Indicator:TI
'|******************************************************************
'# PfS = indicator.Library.Price for Symbol
Plot = PfS.AVGC(4) / PfS.AVG(42)

This version has a built in Price for Symbol indicator which was imported by select Import Indicator from within the RealCode Editor.

You could drag and drop your Price for Symbol Indicator from the chart into the RealCode Editor to create the '# PfS if you want to get the information from a charted indicator instead.

An easier way to create this indicator would be to add Moving Averages to Price for Symbol indicator and then drag and drop one of the Moving Averages onto the other and select Plot Comparison | Ratio.

Comparison Plots

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
ckacccl
Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 2:45:04 PM

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 2:49:23 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce