Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2000 v12 and Stockfinder realcode formulas return different # results Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
chrisdwilliams
Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 9:32:54 AM

I am trying to scan for US common stocks that are over $5, have an average volume over 250,000 per day and have moved up 25% in the last month. 

In stockfinder, the realcode formula is:  If price.Close(20) >= 5 And price.AVG(20) * volume.AVG(20) >= 2500 And 100 * (price.Close - price.close(20)) / price.Close(20) >= 25 Then pass

That formula returned 29 tickers last night.

In TC2000 v12, the PCF is C20 >= 5 AND AVGV20 >= 250000 AND 100 * (C - C20) / C20 >= 25

That formula returned 38 stocks last night.

Both scans were run against the database of US Common stocks

All of the tickers in Stockfinder were in TC.  The extra TC tickers were: CVLY, FCZA, FFBH, FUNC, HBNC, LION, MDGN, PBM, SGYPU.  As you can see, they are all below the volume threshold.

I realize that the databases might return slightly different results, however this appears to be a formula (volume) not working properly.  What am I doing incorrectly, and how can I get this fixed?

Thank you,  Chris Williams

pargo2
Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 12:53:55 PM

I'm showing 17 stocks passing in TC2000 v12 right now and all have AVGV20 above 250K shares. If you get extra tickers after the close today let me know and I will test.

chrisdwilliams
Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 1:15:13 PM

Initially, I used a TC2000 v7 formula with a volume threshold of 2500 shares (all volume in that database is in 100's). I edited the formula and corrected it to AVGV20>250000 however the # stocks passing did not change. I'm going to try deleting the formula and re-scanning as well as adding a volume filter separately from the original formula and see if those work.

Thank you for your help, Chris