Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Double Stochastics Indicator from Walter Bressert Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
gjwsmallegange
Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 9:10:52 AM

Dear Support Team,

Can you pls provide me with that indicator, Walter Bressert's Double Stochastics Indicator, for TC 2000 Version 12 ( the new version ) and tell me how (and where) to place it in the indicators in TC 2000.

I do need it for my trading system which I am transferring to TC 2000, but which I only can do if I can use this indicator in its proper formula.

If need be I can send you the indicator's general formula, preferably by email, as I then can copy it and use it as an attachment, which I understand cannot be done with this message. So pls also provide email address.

Thank you,

Govert Smallegange

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 9:16:26 AM

Worden Trainer

It is not possible to create an Indicator Formula for a Double Stochastic in TC2000 version 12.1 which would be short enough to be practical.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
gjwsmallegange
Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:48:52 PM

Dear Bruce,

I note what you say, and as I do not have the required knowledge I cannot comment. However in the following programs there was no Walter Bressert Double Stochastics but the support team has made one that could be incorporated and works accurately.This was in Metatrader 4 of Alpari U.K and in E-Signal, both the 10.6 and the entirely new 11 Version, in TC 2000 old version and in Stockfinder. Thus I, not being technical, wonder why is it not possible in TC 2000 version 12.1.

I come back on this issue as without this indicator I will have no choice but to cancel my suscription and suscribe to another program that has this possibility.

If it is ouside of the scope of the work of the support team can you recommend an outside expert with TC 2000 version 12.1 knowledge, who could do this?

Thank you for considering the above.

Best regards,

Govert Smallegange

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:28:50 PM

Worden Trainer

I can and did create the Bressert Double Stochastic for StockFinder.

Walter Bressert Double (Smoothed) Stochastics

Unless I am missing something, the Bressert Double Stochastic has not been created for TC2000 version 7 or the TC2000 version 11.1 beta despite your assertion to the contrary. If you could point out where a Bressert Double Stochastic has been created for any version of TC2000, I would be happy to take a look.

There are examples of two Exponential Moving Averages being applied to a raw Stochastic and examples of an Exponential Stochastic of a Simple Stochastic, but the Bressert Double Stochastic requires an Exponential Stochastic of an Exponential Stochastic and I have found no examples of this for TC2000.

The problem is calculating a Stochastic of an Exponential Stochastic.

The Double Stochastic was in EasyLanguage, could use some conversion help topic explores why this is the case. It is theoretically possible to use the techniques in the Min Max PCFs and Cascades of Moving Averages topics to create the indicator, but the resulting formulas are too long and slow to be practical or to post.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
gjwsmallegange
Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 10:01:39 AM

Dear Support Team,

I checked the place where I found it and you are right, the DSS was for Stockfinder only. I had understood that it could be used for TC2000 (old) as well, which was not the case. As I wrote in my earlier message I do not have the know how to understand why the DSS can be used in Stockfinder, Metatrader 4, and E-Signal and not in TC 2000 12.1, but I understand from your message that it is definitely not possible to incorporate the DSS in TC2000. 12.1

I now take that as a fact and shall see if without the DSS my suscription has sufficient remaining value since I cannot now use my main trading system.  The DSS in combination with the RSI (2) is great in picking bottoms, which is the reason why I really would like to use it in TC 2000 12.1.

I thank you for your attention to this matter, and if it is not possible, so be it and you cannot change that.

Best regards,

Govert Smallegange

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 11:11:15 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome. It is too bad there wasn't a topic which actually did so as I would have been very interested in whatever technique had been used.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
robbiefx125
Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 11:18:59 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Re: Double Stochastics Indicator from Walter Bressert

Can this be done now in TC2000 vsn. 19 with the enhanced language?

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 8:26:54 AM

Worden Trainer

Yes, it can be done now. You may want to take a look at the following.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
robbiefx125
Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 9:54:03 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Thanks!

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 10:06:42 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce