Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Creating Custom PCF % True or Price Channel Indicator Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jim2138
Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:10:14 AM

This is probably right in front of my face but I cannot figure out how to create a Custom PCF % True Indicator in TC2000 12.1. The help shows this edit formula box for a % True Indicator

and this for a custom price channel

but all I see when I click on the "New Condition Formula" in the Conditions window is

with no way to choose a % true or a custom price channel. A I in teh wrong place? The help page for Custom PCF Indicators does not really tell me how to get there.

Thanks,

Jim

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:12:48 AM

Worden Trainer

You need to click on Add Indicator at the top of the chart and then choose the desired indicator from the list.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
jim2138
Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:31:18 AM

Bruce,

Thanks for the quick reply but I am still puzzled. Ths is what I see when I click on the Add Indicator at the top of teh Chart and then click on the Write Indicator Formula. There is a "pre-built" System Indiocator called Custom % True Indicator but it has C > C1. Am I suppose to be editing that and if so how can I save it as an indicator that later show uo in My Indicators (Formula) section?

Jim

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:40:07 AM

Worden Trainer

Look at the top of the chart itself. It gives the symbol, says Add Indicator and then has a drop-down menu to set the Time Frame as the first three items on the top line.

Add Indicator

While I think the above is easier, you could also click on the Indicators box along the left and then start typing Custom PCF % True Indicator or Custom PCF Channel Indicator in the Search box or scroll down the list until you located Custom PCF % True Indicator or Custom PCF Channel Indicator in the System Indicators section of the list. You would then need to select Plot Here to plot the indicator on an existing chart or Chart in New Window to plot the indicator on a new chart.

Attachments:
AddIndicator.gif - 18 KB, downloaded 926 time(s).

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
jim2138
Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:55:19 AM

Wiow I apologize for being so dense but I think I am looking and clicking on what you are telling me too. I have things in a different order but I click on "Add Indicator" and I get a "Select Indicator" window. If I click on "Write Indicator Formula" blue link thenI still get an Edit PCF box that does nmot look corect.

I do see a "pre-built" System Indiocator called Custom % True Indicator in the list of System Indicators but as I say it already exists and has C > C1.

Am I suppose to be editing that pre-existing formula and if so how can I save it as an indicator that later show uo in My Indicators (Formula) section?

Thanks,

Jim

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:08:17 AM

Worden Trainer

Don't click on Write Indicator Formula.

Just click on Add Indicator.

Then either start typing Custom PCF % True Indicator (or Custom PCF Channel Indicator) in the Search box or click on that + to the left of where it says System Indicators and find them on the list.

You can click on a Custom PCF % True Indicator or Custom PCF Channel Indicator after it has been added to the chart and select Save this indicator.... It will then show up under My Indicators when you select Add Indicator at the top of the chart or the Indicators box on the left. They will not show up under My Indicators (Formulas).

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
jim2138
Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:03:05 PM

Bruce,

Got it finally. Thanks for the help.

Jim

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:07:50 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.