Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Trending stock finder Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tommystam
Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 7:16:54 PM
Hi, Is there any way to search for stocks that trend better than others, without too many shakeouts and false breaks?
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:53:00 AM

Worden Trainer

We can help you implement specific objective criteria in our programs, but we can pretty much need the specifics are what you are attempting to identify to help you create something.

The trainers can't give setting, interpretation or investment advice. You may want to ask other traders if there are specific indicators which they think might tend to indicate trends without shakeouts and false breaks. The best place to ask would probably be the Stock and Market Talk forum as it generally gets the most comments from other traders.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
tommystam
Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 5:54:21 PM
I would like to know, (if possible), how many times per day, the Ema of any stock's SMI Ergonic Indicator crosses over, upwards and downwards of course. Is it possible to calculate all those breaks?Thank you.
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:41:51 AM

Worden Trainer

You should be able to Open an attached Indicator directly into a running copy of StockFinder 5 (and save it from within StockFinder 5 if desired). You could also Save it to the \My Documents\StockFinder5\(Your Username)\My Indicators\ folder and then load it like you would any other Indicator (or Copy and Paste it there from wherever it Saves if you can't specify the destination directory when Saving).

Attachments:
Intraday SMI Cross Count.sfIndRC - 14 KB, downloaded 612 time(s).

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
tommystam
Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:11:25 PM
Ouch, sorry Bruce, I'm new on the boards and thought this section was for scanning advice/talk. I'm just a gold subscriber at the moment, if that is allowed to upload on premium only, please let me know, thanks!
tommystam
Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:12:14 PM
I am using TC2000 Version 12 btw.
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 7:57:29 AM

Worden Trainer

The answers and supplied indicator were for StockFinder as the question was asked in the Ask a Trainer - StockFinder forum. I cannot think of a practical automated method of counting SMI crossing during a day in TC2000.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles