Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Microsoft Support for SilverLight Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
PRRWB
Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 7:44:50 PM

I am a developer and know that MSFT is stopping support for SliverLight and moving toward HTML5.

What is the future for TC2000 SliverLight version? Is this moving to HTML5 and maybe then open to other platforms like Android. I tried to install "Moonlight" for andorid to run TC2000 but no luck. 

Anyway, just wondering about the future for TC2000 SL version.

Winnie
Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2012 12:42:33 PM
After I read your post, I Googled Silverlight version 5 and HTML5, it seems to be a valid question.

It’s understandable and unfortunate I think due to the competitive nature of the different browsers and current web platform developers that the web platform roadmap is not clear and changes directions as we move forward.   All these competing companies want to develop the next dominant web platform and application developers are caught in the middle.  

I’m not an OS or application programmer, only a user of applications and I like to stay current with the technology and use StockFinder 5.1 and have been following TC2000 progress.

TC2000 v12 with Silverlight as the web platform has many interesting features, I like the various capabilities to add and sort WatchList Columns by Indicators and Conditions, Checkmarks in Columns meeting Conditions, easy to create new PCF Conditions, Scans with different time frame Conditions, etc.

A relevant example to your post, many serious traders have multiple monitor trading setups, anywhere from 2 to 6 monitors. These setups include dragging windows to different monitors and not having this feature is a serious handicap.

My understanding at first was Microsoft Silverlight 5 does support windows in multiple monitors, now I hear Silverlight 5 does not support this feature, if this is true, it is unfortunate. Microsoft Windows OS has this feature but the latest Silverlight 5 web platform does not have it!

If it’s true Microsoft is changing directions for Silverlight 5 or ending development, this certainly isn’t good news for Silverlight application developers.