Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

why won't my copy of stockfinder 5.1 run? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
kcaughron31
Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:33:41 AM
I was getting to do some things on stockfinder 5.1 and it says that it can't update and to be sure to have a connection to the internet and download the latest version.  I'm connected to the internet and I tried to download the 5.1 build 11 version again and installed it but it still says the same thing.

Has the 5.1 version be deactivated or what?

Could someone please advise?
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:36:53 AM

Worden Trainer

Please contact technical support.

All e-mail communication sent to support@worden.com during business hours (Monday through Friday 9AM-11PM and Saturday and Sunday 9AM-3PM ET) should be answered within 20 minutes of arrival.

For an even quicker response to tech support questions, we recommend calling our voice line at (919) 408-0542 (there is no phone support on Sundays, some Market Holidays or after 9PM ET on weekdays).

You can also contact us using Live Chat Support during business hours.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
marco808
Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:57:06 AM
Same here.
ratkiler
Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:07:21 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

same here...they must of taken it down for maintenance
kcaughron31
Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:33:53 AM
Someone needs to post the SFReset.exe link, I forgot to copy and paste it.  This does go through and resets all stockfinder files and then it will look for updates and install them.  I guess that SF5.1 when it went from build 11 to build12 leftout something.  But my copies of 5.0 and 5.1 both work now that I've run the "SFReset.exe" file.  This might be something that should be included with the install files so that we don't have to go looking for it again.

Online chat was great in suggesting this, worked great.
Ken C.
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:15:39 AM

Worden Trainer

There are reasons we don't provide support in the forums. The problems and fixes change as the program evolves, new issues are identified and new solutions developed. Posting fixes in the forums ends up with old problems and old solutions being what is found when a search is done.

Even if this was not the case, self-diagnoses can in many cases makes things worse. A situation that might have been fixable may end up with a complete re-install and lost settings when it could have been avoided.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles