Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

MoneyStream 1 week surge Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
awortman1
Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2005 10:48:42 AM
I am currently using "MoneyStream 1 week surge" in a Scan - but I would like to try a shorter time period. Could you describe how to change the "1 week surge" to 2 or 3 days surge in PCF formula language? What I'm finding is that after the 5 day MoneyStream surge has been completed, whatever casued the surge has been completed and there is little momentum for further movement up in price.
Bruce_L
Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2005 11:20:28 AM

Worden Trainer

The formula for MoneyStream Surge – 1 Week is:

100* (MS – MS1.5) / ( max(ms1,99) – min(ms1,99) )

I found this out by selecting the View Formula icon to the right of the Criteria (a blue circle with an ‘i’ in it). I mention this only because it is a useful trick to find out how the built in Technical Criteria are calculated. Adjusting the above formula slightly produces 2-day and 3-day versions.

MoneyStream Surge – 2 Day:
100*(MS1–MS1.2)/(MAX(MS1,99)–MIN(MS1,99))

MoneyStream Surge – 3 Day:
100*(MS1–MS1.3)/(MAX(MS1,99)–MIN(MS1,99))

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
awortman1
Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2005 6:49:16 PM
Bruce,

Thank you for your very helpful response. A question though. I know that MoneyStream is proprietary but is there any way I could have figured out the change to 2 or 3 day surge? I have no idea what (MS1,99) means. What does the 99 represent??
Craig_S
Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2005 8:19:44 PM

Worden Trainer

In his formulas above, Bruce compares the 2 and 3-day range to the 99-day range. Because MoneyStream is a cumulative indicator (the values it generates are meaningless) you must compare the recent change to where the indicator has been before. Bruce's formulas above to an excellent job of this.

You can lower the 99s to a smaller number but it will have little or no effect on your results. They only provide a context for the recent short-term change.

- Craig
Here to Help!